Not for hire...

motogp08

Registered
Well, great...now I'm kinda bummed. I got my termination letter today from the Sheriff Dept. They said I live too far from the Detention Facility. :(

Back to square one, job hunting again. 4 F$%KING months, all in vain! :banghead:

I wanted this job SOOO bad...now I've gotta find a different job until I can go Highway Patrol in a couple of years. This sucks...:down:

That is F*%@$d up man. I may be a little nieve but what does your living distance have to do with your ability to do your job. WTF:whistle:

That is F*%@$d up man. I may be a little nieve but what does your living distance have to do with your ability to do your job. WTF:whistle:

If you could answer that, you'd be doing me a great justice.:bowdown:

Kinda bummed tonight, I've waited and done as hard as I can on all of this shid just to be told that I live too far away...:down:

that sucks. i am supposed to live within 30 min of the hospital i work for because i have to take call. thats the only thing i can think of.

good luck

Just an excuse to get rid of you. They are doing to most of the new people in my Dept.

Thank God I have 13 years in.

sorry to hear that bro. keep your head up. there is always someone hiring in LE. just keep looking. try to find a small town PD that can get you in quick and get you certified in your state. your options will open up once you become a certified Popo.

If they put that statement in writing, call the Dept. of Labor. Distance from work is not a legitimate reason for termination except in some very rare occasions. Unlikely that yours is.

You don't even have to sue. Just call the DoL. Even if they didn't put it in writing.

Sounds like they just wanted to hire someone's nephew and you were the one at the bottom of the totem pole.

--Wag--

Here in Memphis, TN there is a big issue with people living outside the city limits being a Memphis LE. If they live outside the city limits they have to either move to the city or quit. I think it may become common practice everywhere now. Sorry to hear that dude!

Fallout from one of the threads you previously started? I recall several threats to do just such a thing.

Sucks bro..but there will be tons other things. Hang in there and keep your head up.

we have to live in the county we work, but other than that, doesn't matter how far out you live. but i'm in florida. contact the human resources dept. be polite and ask them if that is the only reason or is there some other reason you were not considered. if you are persistent, polite, and show some willingness to correct what ever they have decided was the flaw, they may wind up hiring you anyway. we have had a few who did the same thing. they had to explain what happened at previous jobs, personal incidents etc.. but they explained, showed some initiative and were eventually hired. good luck with it.

"We really hate to have to do this" yah, right.
I know this is a radical suggestion but, the military? Highway Patrol loves ex MPs.

"We really hate to have to do this" yah, right.
I know this is a radical suggestion but, the military? Highway Patrol loves ex MPs.

I'm actually thinking about that as we speak...I know that the Marine Corps MP's are being phased out by civilian DOD...does the Army have an active MP program? ???

Hang in there !!!!!!!!!!!

A Friend of Mine (Same Field as Yours) Just got a Job as a Janitor Making $17.00 an Hour........

Times are TOUGH !!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: Guys/Gals Hold on to Your Job's..............Nobody is Hiring :shocked:

Back