Not a good Friday night...

Off top of my head 70 for axle nut , 35 for axle block adjusters , 50 for the rotor bolts , 20 for the caliper allen pad pin , 25 for the caliper bolt . $200 .
Notice in my radiator guard photos the tanks are not polished yet , and stock header :)

IMG_20181021_111355.jpg

Don't forget lads , the ti habit can be very addictive , so don't be surprised if once you start , that one day you find yourself with a bike fully loaded with titanium .... I have had 4 bikes fully done in full titanium fasteners and axles dating back to early nineties , this Busa is just the latest !! It's the details that sets your bike up different from the crowd !!

Off top of my head 70 for axle nut , 35 for axle block adjusters , 50 for the rotor bolts , 20 for the caliper allen pad pin , 25 for the caliper bolt . $200 .
Notice in my radiator guard photos the tanks are not polished yet , and stock header :)
I was kind of thinking for all your Ti bits and bobbles...think you have over a grand invested or more?

Thanks for the info - much appreciated.
I have ordered a new thermostat and will see how it all looks once I get it. As summer gets going, I may consider the 160 thermostat. Also getting the ecu flashed to bring the fans on early.
It was as soon as I pulled over after noticing the temp gauge had shot up and warning light on. When I stopped and jumped off was when the leakage occurred as far as I can tell.
And I am not sure if the fans were on when riding. I will order a new temp switch I think just to be sure.
I'll have to do some searching to see if I can find the "blue ice" stuff here in Aust.
Yes the engine ice is what i run & was recommended by mechanic/tuner. What u describe is what happened to me. Tested fan with wires connected to a hand held square camping battery & 2 wires which is enough to move the fan to prove it is working. My problem was thermostat damage to wire so fan never came on & never noticed till bike got hot in traffic or at a long light once. Have not had a problem since runs cooler than ever.

ottafish FYI mate I use NULON BLUE COOLANT 8 YEAR protection in my 08 for the last couple of years with no issues there available at supercheap or other auto retailers here in OZ :thumbsup:

I was kind of thinking for all your Ti bits and bobbles...think you have over a grand invested or more?
Oh yes . However it was a slow lay out 25 here , 75 there . Nothing for a few months then 200 then nothing . You see the picture im painting . Some were taken from a previous bike , and a few were gifts from friends .

Update for anybody following:

Fans spin up fine with 12v supplied directly.
Fuses check out OK also.

Radiator pressure tested fine, no leaks or bubbles.
Radiator cap - thats a different matter. (Let out more bubbles that me with a double salami pizza)
So the rad cap is knackered. Looks like new still.. Just goes to show, never assume just by looks

I have a new rad cap and thermostat on order.
Also found what looks like at some stage the previous owner "may" had added a manual override switch to the fan wiring as there was taped stripped wire coming from the relay.

I can't single out to all those that have offered help and advice, (so many :D ) But I thank you all so much for any and all support, advice and suggestions, so appreciated.

Update for anybody following:

Fans spin up fine with 12v supplied directly.
Fuses check out OK also.

Radiator pressure tested fine, no leaks or bubbles.
Radiator cap - thats a different matter. (Let out more bubbles that me with a double salami pizza)
So the rad cap is knackered. Looks like new still.. Just goes to show, never assume just by looks

I have a new rad cap and thermostat on order.
Also found what looks like at some stage the previous owner "may" had added a manual override switch to the fan wiring as there was taped stripped wire coming from the relay.

I can't single out to all those that have offered help and advice, (so many :D ) But I thank you all so much for any and all support, advice and suggestions, so appreciated.
Nice when something can be fixed for cheap, now spend some of that saved money on some guards, just to be save. :laugh:

View attachment 1589498
Don't forget lads , the ti habit can be very addictive , so don't be surprised if once you start , that one day you find yourself with a bike fully loaded with titanium .... I have had 4 bikes fully done in full titanium fasteners and axles dating back to early nineties , this Busa is just the latest !! It's the details that sets your bike up different from the crowd !!

Damn Toady, that busa sure looks menacing from that angle among those litre bikes..... and perched slightly further away from "the goody two shoes bikes", like the neighbourhood bully planning on how he is gonna terrorize em next. lol. I like.

Damn Toady, that busa sure looks menacing from that angle among those litre bikes..... and perched slightly further away from "the goody two shoes bikes", like the neighbourhood bully planning on how he is gonna terrorize em next. lol. I like.
Yes bro , those bikes were ignoring my gal , as were their owners ignoring Toad ... wish their were a few more people like yourself to go for blast with , instead of them yuppies cafe non racers !! :rolleyes::)

Oh yes . However it was a slow lay out 25 here , 75 there . Nothing for a few months then 200 then nothing . You see the picture im painting . Some were taken from a previous bike , and a few were gifts from friends .
Thanks, gotcha....like a Johnny Cash song, "One Piece at a time"

Back