Not a good Friday night...

ottafish

Registered
Took off after work tonight for a run down the coast. Stopped to pick up another rider friend. Noticed my girl had dumped all the coolant..
Striped down this morning, nothing obvious. Oil cooler covered in coolant. No holes or tell tail signs of coolant streaks anywhere..
Time for a new thermostat and rad cap.
Great start to the weekend..

20181130_180255_HDR-652x367.jpg

20181201_011544_HDR-489x275.jpg

That's the worst... when you clear your agenda for something and something unexpected happens. How old is the bike and mileage, if I may ask?

It's a late '13 model, first roaded in' 14.
Done 28000 kms
You are correct.. With summer arriving and daylight savings here, super excited to get away from work early..

It's a late '13 model, first roaded in' 14.
Done 28000 kms
You are correct.. With summer arriving and daylight savings here, super excited to get away from work early..

Definitely going to make a note to check my temp gauges/radiator cap at 20k miles. I hope its an easy fix and you're back on the road again!

You probably picked up a stone to radiator. Do you have gaurds on?

Not on the radiator but do on the oil cooler.
It's how I bought it.. Was planning on a radiator guard for this summer..
Will be taking the radiator into the shop for pressure test..
Then def a radiator cooler after I just checked on a replacement cost from the dealer..

Took off after work tonight for a run down the coast. Stopped to pick up another rider friend. Noticed my girl had dumped all the coolant..
Striped down this morning, nothing obvious. Oil cooler covered in coolant. No holes or tell tail signs of coolant streaks anywhere..
Time for a new thermostat and rad cap.
Great start to the weekend..

View attachment 1589436

View attachment 1589437

Look on the bright side, you didnt crash. Your not hurt. Could be alot worse of a weekend :beerchug:

Back