Not a busa but still turbo

gsxturbo

Registered
I have had this bike for 11 years now i sold it 4 years ago but the boy never finished paying me off so i decided to rebuild it all over again this was the first turbo bike i built so it has some sentimental value to me it had a SDS fuel injection kit on it when i built it the first time around and a 16g turbo it worked real good.

This time around it will have a MS controller on it with 05 1000 throttle bodies , i haven't decided exactly what size turbo I'm going to use but probably some where around a 50trim t3/t4 maybe even a 57 trim depending on how well it spools, and i my even put a intercooler on it too but who know it still has a way to go before that point.

The motor is a 1200 bandit top end with a 1127 bottom end i have a new GSXR crank for it and I'm going to put Busa rods in it with weisco pistons and i will port the head,thats about it for the motor for now.

Here is what it looked like 7 years ago before i put the turbo on it the first time sadly i don't have any pics of it when it had the first turbo on it.

PICT0036.jpg

Now this is what it looked like a few weeks ago when i pulled it out of the corner after it has set for 6 years all taken apart makes me want to cry LOL

HPIM0101.jpg

HPIM0100.jpg

HPIM0099.jpg

HPIM0098.jpg

HPIM0097.jpg

Now here its is after i have started on building the turbo header and dump pipe I still need to put the wastegate on

HPIM0281.jpg

HPIM0285.jpg

HPIM0287.jpg

HPIM0288.jpg

Here is a couple of pics of the throttle bodies installed (im not using the plenum that's on it now it's just for mock up)

HPIM0296.jpg

HPIM0297.jpg

I still have a bunch of stuff i have to find like the body work that was the only thing i let the boy have when he put a down payment on it and since i haven't seen him in two years now its long gone so i need everything gas tank and all I'm changing the swing arm and i have a set of PM wheels i may put on it but i may put a set of 1000 wheels on it i haven't decided yet. This project will take a while to finish but it should fly and be fun when its done.

Yeah im going to put a race tail on it and i may just get a new tank from Suzuki and the rest i can still get from airtech.

Well i got a little more done tonight worked on my wastegate and finished my dump pipes also worked on the fuel rails for the throttle bodies i have them real close to being done just a few things left to do then that part is done.

HPIM0304.jpg

HPIM0303.jpg

Here is the fuel rails still need to get some metric allen head fasteners for them and i need to make the spacers for the throttle bodies but getting closer to having them knocked out.

HPIM0302.jpg

HPIM0301.jpg

Well its probably going to be a few days before i get to work on it again but its coming along nicely i think.

Well i got a little more done over the past few days.
This is one of two Laminova W/A intercoolers i am going to make for this bike and see witch one works the best, this one has the cooler integrated into the plenum the other will have the cooler seperate from the plenum it will be mounted where the battery once set.

I still have to finish the welding and install the bungs for the water hose fittings. I have a arm coming when it gets here i need to extend it and build my water tank for the cooler.

HPIM0328.jpg

HPIM0329.jpg

HPIM0343.jpg

HPIM0344.jpg

Back