NoMar Tire changer

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
I'm in the market for a tire changer.... Anyone familar or better yet have one of these?
Tired of paying $20-40 a tire for balance/change!
If there is a better set-up post it up, heck I'm easy
smile.gif

http://www.nomartirechanger.com/

I have been changing my tires for 3 or 4 years now. I have been looking at the nomar changer and the harbor freight setup. The nomar setup is definitely a better unit I just haven't been able to give up the cash for it yet.

John has one (Gixerhp) and I have the tire tools (no mar bar) they sell and the 2 tire changing devices that Harbor Freight sells. The HF setup runs about $80 (holds rim, breaks beads)

The tire tools run another $125 but they save the rims from damage from running tires off and on.. I would not use the HF setup on composite (CF) wheels but as along as you firmly plant the factory or alloy wheels in then clamps, they will be fine.. I got my first estimate of $35 per tire off the bike to change rubber and went direct to store to buy my own gear...

I really think I'm going to go ahead and pull the trigger on this today... Thanks for the post. Yes, I hate to spend the doh but hate giving it away one tire at a time!

I really think I'm going to go ahead and pull the trigger on this today... Thanks for the post. Yes, I hate to spend the doh but hate giving it away one tire at a time!
Do it those are good tire changers a guy I know has one and I used him to change a tire and it worked very well I was impressed.

dude get it, my good friend larry bought one 2months ago and it is a great little device, he got the peace that attachs it to the drop hitch on his truck, the 1st tire went a little quirky but after he got the steps down its easy to do a tire,and he's already done the rear on my busa and i have a front and rear for him to do on my zx-9R. he also contacted our local snap-on guy and asked if he had any used spin balancers and about 3wks later snap-on called with a balancer so he bought it and the hardware to do cycle wheels.

The NoMar unit is a lot nicer but for the $80, I liked the Harbor Freight wheel holder myself.. No Mar has the trick setup for the tools.. (total of about $200 in entire tire changing system)

dude get it, my good friend larry bought one 2months ago and it is a great little device, he got the peace that attachs it to the drop hitch on his truck, the 1st tire went a little quirky but after he got the steps down its easy to do a tire,and he's already done the rear on my busa and i have a front and rear for him to do on my zx-9R. he also contacted our local snap-on guy and asked if he had any used spin balancers and about 3wks later snap-on called with a balancer so he bought it and the hardware to do cycle wheels.
Cost of the Snap on wheel balancer is probably way more than a new no mar balancer... I figure the learning curve is going to be brutal. So which model did your friend go with? No Mar that is...

+1 on the quirky to start. I have the no-mar and love it. It has paid for itself. You have to follow the instructions to the letter. But it works great. Be sure and get the helping hands also it's another $100 bucks but makes life a lot easier.

wheel balancer here... Linky..

and works just fine... he also sells tire tools to go with the HF tire machine but can not vouch for them, never tried them..

Lazy Boy, which model did you end up with?

Thanks Randy I'm researching your linky...

Sonny, DO IT!!! You wont be disapointed.......Trust me!!

Josh

Ryders Connection

This is a done deal IF I can just figure out which model to go with... I like the middle of the road model.

This is a done deal IF I can just figure out which model to go with... I like the middle of the road model.
Do it! Just be sure to pick a spot to mount the posts that you can live with. Just be prepared to sacrifice a little garage space, but it's a sacrifice worth making. The "middle of the road" unit is really a gem. I have used them many, many times, and LOVE them.

The company's customer support is awesome as well. I had received a tire bar with a cracked nylon segment, and they red-labeled a brand new bar to me NEXT DAY! I offered to return the bar, and they said to keep it. They could have just shipped me a pair of replacement nylon blocks, but they went the extra mile.

As soon as I am able, I will be ordering another rig from them. I really miss my tire changer!

I was thinking about the No Mar changer and a static balancer setup too. Esp, with all the trackdays, the racing, and many sets of tires I'll be going thru, I really can't stand paying for the mounting fees. Except at the track, vendors actually mount tires for free as long as you buy their tires. Problem is, I'd rather concentrate on riding than on removing my wheels off the bike.

Post up pics of the changer as soon as you get it.
thumb_up.gif
You've got me super curious.

I just watched the vids with the Jr pro model and the wheel balancer segment. They make it look so easy. I'm even thinking of getting one too. hmmm...I wonder if they do group buys?
laugh.gif

Once I own one, I've thought about going to all the local bike nights and hand out fliers for a mount and balance service. If all the shops charge from $20 to $40 per tire, I'd do it for $10 to $15. That would really pay for itself in a jiffy.

Back