Noisy Akrapovic?

Just fitted a titanium Akrapovic exhaust and a PC2. The fit was pretty good apart from it touching the lower, rear, right, fairing a little.

The best bit was starting it up. It sounds great. My wife runs through because I am vibrating the plates on the dinning room table. This thing is loud, much louder that I would have guessed from the previous posts on this site.

I am wondering if Lockhart Philips sent me the race can instead of a street can? There is no race can listed on LP but this sounds just too good.

Any of you guys with Akro exhausts, would you say they where quiet or noisy? Can you rattle the windows in your house?

A friend of mine had a flat tire out on 101. I went to resucue him of course. About 5 minutes into the tire change a cop pulls up. He spends A LONG TIME looking at my bike, but does not mention anything. Then he gets me to pull away with my firend on to the freeway with him following with his lights on.

He never mentioned the pipe, I hope this was a valid test of it's street worthyness. I did feel very uncomfortable with a cop following me on the freeway, with his lights on, without being pulled over...;-)

[This message has been edited by Deadly Impact (edited 27 January 2000).]

I have the carbon fiber can and it is pretty mild. I guess when I'm in the garage it might shake some things but just at idle or at low RPM's I can get home at night with out waking up the hood.

Frank, what do you think about my pipe????

Turbo13....it looks real good!

But it could stand to be alot louder.

wait tell you hear My Busa....you'll understand why I feel the way I do about your pipe.

What does a busa sound like with a 4 into 1, I want to ditch my current setup (standard headers with race slip on mufflers)
for a 4 into 1 for ground clearance reasons.

The problem is I *love* the sound of the Busa, with it's almost offbeat V8 warble at low revs, does it sound like any other across the frame four Jap bike with a 4 into 1 fitted? Or does it retain that lovely baritone voice?

DM the pipes we use are 4-2-1 not true 4-1 pipes. you will still keep your low sounds, but they will just be a little louder. Send me a email if and when you want a can for your bike.

If you want to hear something sweet take the packing out of a micron aluminum can...much better than a yosh the same way. Thier can has everyone beat hands down...NO RIVETS.

Turbo 1300, Do you have any pictures of your Akrapovic with the carbon can? Also how much was your system? I know the price of the Akrapovic was posted in an earlier post but I was wondering how much more for the carbon can.

My titanium can was $895 if I remember correctly.

I am getting used to the sound it is not so bad, actually I like it now. At low RPM is has a growl like rolling thunder, as soon as the RPM get highers it gets nicely quiet. Maybe I don't hear it because of the fear that those extra horses make.

deadly impact

mine is quiet

right side belly pan bolt hits exhaust, gets very hot'

had to pad belly pan or exhaust would burn it;

my logo distorted from the heat ...

how's yours??
alan

cbxChris,
I have a friend who took the packing out of his micron on his busa.He lost a mph in the 1/8th and said it didnt feel as strong. Have you experienced this?

busTa Kaw

AQUADIOSMED:

Now I have got used to it, it seems like mine is noisy at low RPM. Pulling away can be quite loud. But once the engine is up above 3K, things are fairly quiet.

I guess I have got to give up using low RPM ;-) Although the "growl" is nice, it speak with authority.

I have no idea which version of the PC2 I have, it had better be the latest version. How do I tell?

I did use the latest version of the upload software at the power commander site, and used the mapping for the Akro. So far so good but I still have the same throttle stumble that I had before.

What did you use to pad the belly pan?

busaTakaw, He did a remap after the change didn`t he? Anytime you run with a open exhaust you will 9 times out of 10 end up lean.If open exhaust didn`t work all pro-stock bikes would run mufflers.

D-IMPACT:

check out my post on the "mods" section, the "akra" fits now!!!

spacered the tail section, put a spacer on the right belly pan bolt ... it fits great, needed a little aluminum foil for "no burn" guarantee ...

mine is still quiet ... have about 1,000 miles on it

Alan

Back