Dyno Results of my Akrapovic

Thats flat out amazing, if I thought for a second that a switch to the ak would yield me 6 more rwhp, she'd be red labeled tomorrow. I just dont know what to attribute that kind of gain to. Can frank or brock maybe shed some light on this? I'm ready to break out the card for a gain like that.

Food for thought, I took my bike in for dyno when stock and also pulled 155hp. Upon mounting the Yosh Tri-Oval and the BMC filter, the bike ran 168hp and 104 ft. lbs. of torque. No other mods yet, but am contemplating the airbox modification. One cool thing about the Yosh Tri-Oval is the sound of it, not to mention the unique look. Just thought I would mention it.

Frank,

I am not sure who you were refering to in your response about User Profile info, but it is difficult to understand how to add your email address to the profile (I am not a computer whiz).

As to using a psedonymn instead of your real name, it is just the way most people communicate over the Internet.

All that being said, the numbers I posted are real and I have the dyno charts to prove it. If someone can explain how to do it, I will post the charts for all to see.

PS my email address is: jbatio@hotmail.com

Cheers

Animal, I see you figured out what I was trying say about putting your address in another location in your profile.

No it's not in the right area but at least it can be seen now.....

Frank

busagsx1300r and I dyno at the same shop, with the same mechanic, same dyno, same Yosh. box!!!
I cant post the dyno until this weekend, but if someone has a fax, I will fax it to one person--so that person can post it.

Joe
FRQFLYRX@aol.com

Brock I am the one gixxer is referring to with the hindle. Although I am pleased with the look and the sound the ponies are not in the Hindle. With the airbox mod, a bmc filter, and the hindle s/s, i received about 5 more hp. Stock i had 150 rwhp after mods 155. For a couple extra (about 3 hundred of them) dollars you can get yourself a pipe that gives more hp.

Frank and JohnnyCheese,

I was referring to the fact that the profile has this special field "e-mail address" that I filled-out way back then and which was then visible to all others. Later on I noticed that it now simply states "not available" when you look at somebody else's profile even though it has been entered there.
Apparently the list-owner changed something to this effect and those that WANT others to be able to send us mail will now have to (mis-)use another field to enter it in.

I got to admit Yoshimura did at one time dominate the HP chart, my previous two experience with their exhausts have left a bitter after-taste, my slip-ons for my 916 yield 1.2hp while another brand yield 3hp, the full race SS RS3 for my T595 not only cost my bike to loss 1.6hp (stock: 105.7, Yos:104.1) it also gave me more flat spots ridges than the Grand Canyon.

So in other words, here's two cents worth, my next exhaust purchase is most definitely not Yoshimura.

I just took a quick look at the dyno charts.

I do have a couple points of interest:
We also use a dynojet 150. Did you happen to note the humidity? We have seen 5-7 hp differences in a change from 70% to 90%.
The engine can not burn the extra water in the air. The only reason that I bring this up is because the curves are nearly IDENTICAL.. EVERYWHERE.. this is very strange. It resembles a chart switching to oxiginated fuel! I have also noticed this type of curve with a difference of 15 psi in the rear tire.
My bigest concern is with the .4" hg difference in barometric pressure.I know our 150 does not compensate for this as consistantly as a model 200 with the "weather cube".

These variables are difficult to consistantly to track. But,if the operator
did a meticulous job, there is little doubt that the Akrapovic wins this dyno battle hands down!

Now is when I would proceed to the track and test/prove the results. A true gain of this caliber would be worth @ 1.5 Mph increase in 1/4 mile trap speed at the drag strip and nearly 1 tenth improvement in et.

This brings me to a bike that we just installed a Hindle on at the end of last season. My buddy Tony Wiford rode his own bike. With no mapping or airbox mods (there is a slight stumble a @2500 rpm) and the standard stuff(16t front,links,strap,clutch mod) he ran a 9.52 @ 148 mph. I belive the bike made 158 peak on our dyno 150.

Food for thought,

Brock

ps Keep up the info, WE all learn!!!

Back