dyno results---007HARV vs. 007NICK 0+1+1

Gixx1300R

Registered
T hanks for trying the map Lanta.Yes there is a difference in the weather and Altitude between Florida and Georgia.This map was made for Both the Akrapovic and Yoshimura Piped Busas.We dynoed a 2000 Busa with a Yosh and my 99 with a Povic.Both bikes have the same Airbox mod and PC2.Both bikes picked up 2 hp when we used the 007Nick map over the 007harv map and a custom 004 map.I'm sure a Busa with a Muzzy should do the same.If you are at a higher altitude try going up on the mid and high percentages.The 007Nick map is not done yet.I will be going back to the dyno sometime this week to see if more horsepower can be squeezed out of this map.Not bad for 2.3 horsepower increase.

[This message has been edited by Gixxer1300R (edited 18 July 2000).]

DaveO, TMH airbox mod, TMH T-bodies 1mm over, PC2, all long stacks(which I've heard hurts peak HP but helps torque---150 didn't have tach pickup so couldnt see torque curve). Engine is stock. Also this is without a squirrel cage blower in front. It was also about 100 freaking degrees in there, at least 95% humidity.
This dyno also gets banged around a lot as the race team takes it with em in trailer---whattya think?

KH

All I have to say is

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

BTW if anyone wants mine email me khenning2@hotmail.com

Keep in mind altitude/hum. crap tho.

Nick didja do a compare on it?(the 1 I sent ya)

[This message has been edited by 'lantabusa (edited 18 July 2000).]

Not yet Lanta,I will do a comparison when I go to the Dyno later this week.I have free access to a Superflow 250 that I will be getting to in a couple of weeks to possibly make better maps.How is the drivablity with the long stacks?I have 2 short 2 long stacks on my bike.

Driveability I can tell a diff(idle smoother) but I also did the Tbbody mod same time..:? :(

JC pls. post what you see w/ the Tbodymod, kay?

That is what I warned people about Johnny,this map may not work for them.I think the more maps we have to choose from the better.So far I have about 70 dyno runs on my Busa.I cant wait to get to the Superflow.I believe there is no one map for all bikes but the maps that we have are starting points.If you are close you can save some time and money on the Dyno by using the maps that we pass around.a 2.3 horsepower increase for Lanta is about equal to a BMC filter which cost around $75.00

Also let's note that all accelerometers are not the same, operator-wise, etc. I'm not beleiving true peak #s from any of them, just looking for a diff---that's really all they can offer, agree?

'lantabusa,if this map works for you,just think,now,your bike may stand straight up in third gear@2000 rpm snapping the throttle open.

I have a 2000 and it has d&d full system airbox mod & bmc filter & pc2 It hit 165 rwhp with a stock chain that has 5700 miles on it that probably caused me to lose a few horse,at the same time another busa a 99 hit the same rwhp only differences are yosh 4 into 1 and a new x ring chain we ran the same maps and the ecu is set the same also

Kurt,

No pipe?? What are ya waiting for. I'm at 165/100 with pipe and NO remap/PC2...yet.

Dave

mine only makes 166 hp.but it does over 148 in the 1/4.we gotta remember dyno numbers are not compairable from 1 to the other all the time.i'm glad more maps are circulating it will make it easier on everyone in the long run.i like part throttle horse power to so always remember thats where you drive the most.

DaveO that's what I've been fussing about---the crud "dynos" around here SUK What am I missing?
I haven't been on the 'orig' dyno I posted about but it told me around 163 baseline stock and it peaked at 172.9...uh huh.

Now I can hardly hold on to the damm thing and another dyno tells me 161.6...Obviously there are no calibration specs for these devices("dynos").

DaveO, Yes I have a pipe---Sato and it's bad as hell...luv my Carbon can.

I cant post the dyno chart because photopoint won't take the file, but bottom line;
On a dynojet150(which is owned by a racing team) 007HARV pulled 159.3 peak rwhp.
I installed 007.NICK and lost .8. The dyno guy and I, after I explained NICK was developed in Fl. concluded I was lean in mid and top by looking at the curve, so I went up 1 bar mid and top. We figured this due to altitude change.

End result? 161.6 peak rwhp.

You all have sen my mods...

Saweeeet.

Back