Dyno Results of my Akrapovic

OB_FRQ FLYR

Registered
Results from 4th gear roll-on:

Stock 155 rwhp.
Yosh rs3/duplex/BMC 160 rwhp. Stainless?CF
Akrapovic/BMC 166 rwhp. Stainless/CF

Same dyno, same mechanic, similar temperatures.

I have gone through 2 Yosh. pipes. Both of them rusted. I paid $900 for the pipe, and an additional $250 for dyno tuning two pipes!
So I contacted Yosh. I tried to squeeze a Ti. pipe for my pain and suffering to no avail. They offered to chrome a pipe for me.I declined, they refunded, I went with Akrapovic.
I want to thank Yosh. for turning me on to Akrapovic. I am impressed with the power, and quality. I wish I would have weighed the thing.

OMEGA: Hold on to your money. Only take what you read with a "grain of salt".

WHEN.....

1. A person can't give normal info in thier Profile...

2. A person has to use a Screen Name insted of thier real name...

People should fill out thier PROFILE because it's there for a reason.

Also, It's nice to be able to look in someones Profile to find an e-mail address when you want to send something!

Don't Jump the Gun unless you know who these people are!!!

.....Frank

Erm, Frank, about the E-mail.

This BB's owner is not making that easy for us.
The special field in the profile for the E-mail address no longer shows up for others.

Of course you can (and we did) find a way around that again if you really want others to be able to send you mail, but this is one thing in your previous remark that I think we'll have to ignore.

Animal, I'm not sure I understand what your trying to say.

Are you saying that, when you register theres no place to add your e-mail address?

When I look in My Profile I see My address.

I guess If it's not going to show up in the e-mail part then you can at least put in the "Home page" and it will be visible.

Frank I personally know JOE he is from Orlando Florida and I even saw his first discolored yoshi pipe when several of us met in the North carolina mtns. Joe is not a Akrapovic employee or dealer of anykind.
Nobody has their email addresses available in the profile becuase the webmaster has them blocked for security reasons. This is why so many people here list theirs in the email.

If Joe says he got 166hp on his bike then he did. He is not a bragger. He is a good guy and can be trusted 100%.

Since i have the yoshi it is making me wonder if I should switch.

Don
Rotts4u@Aol.com

Brant Russel-Director of Operations-Bruss@Yoshimura-rd.com

Brad Stephens-R&D Manager-Bstephens@Yoshimura-rd.com

Walter Wells-R&D,New Projects-WWells@Yoshimura-rd.com

Those are the e mail addresses for the Big Wigs at Yosh of America.I e mailed them a couple of weeks back about Joe's condition of his exhaust systems rusting and discoloring.They e mail me back and I sent of a copy of it on Hayabusa@onelist.com-The letter was total BS.I have been looking at every exhaust made for the Busa for the last couple of months and Joe and I have discussed this at length.My final 2 choices were the Akrapovic or the Yosh.After seeing how Yosh treated Joe I decided on the Akrapovic due to it's better finish and horsepower gains.Yosh is well aware of the problems with rusting with their pipes. Other guys that ride with us on different bikes was the same discoloration.Akrapovic has always given good numbers on the pipes that they make.Also Joe didnt mention that the exhaust system is extremely lightweight.If you want horsepower get a Akrapovic.It's your choice.

Frq Flyr,
Do you have copies of your dyno sheets?

I am not doubting you, I know Acrapovic makes a VERY nice system.

I have encountered similar results in the past with carbs, only to find that the jetting was so far off with one pipe that a different style exhaust(4-2-1 vs 4-1 vs 1-2 tied together vs 1-4 together, crossover pipes.....arrrrrrh! etc.) change appeared to make a large improvement.( The diameter of the head pipes/collector also play a major roll.)

In reality, when both pipe combos were tuned correctly, the large difference became much smaller.

The curve of the chart tells the story...peak numbers are great to talk about, but not at the expense of average hp or engine acceleration.

Brock

ps 600 ss pipe testing can drive a person mad!

Sorry guy's, Guess i wasn't aware of the e-mail thing.

Has someone tried to put thier address on the "Home Page" area?

You don't have to click on it but at least it might be possible to view it that way...

Just a thought?

...Frank

A freind of mine that also post on this board has a Hindle pipe on his bike.With the pipe and remapping he only got about 5 or 6 horsepower.The same guy does my Dynoing and Joe's remapping did his bike.Hindle was not the way to go for a Busa in this one situation.I'l call Joe tonight and asl him to scan his Dyno sheet.

Well I have to agree with Brock on that one for one becuase he knows and for two if every pipe were the same then it would not matter which you choose and all the prices would be the same. I'm sorry for the way Yoshimura treated you I have always has very good luck with them on everything they stand behind all of the products they make, I had the end come off of mine and they sent me a replacement Ti canister then the baffle collapsed and they agreeed to trade me out for the tri-oval and a little change. Also you have to see where they are coming from if you are near the ocean then there is alot of salt in the air and that can cause them to rust just look around at the paint on cars that live on the coast!

13 hp is great with those mods. did you use a yosh box? did you have back firing and had to block off the hose? Congratulations on those mods and you should see a couple more hp from the airbox...

13 hp is great with those mods. did you use a yosh box? did you have back firing and had to block off the hose? Congratulations on those mods and you should see a couple more hp from the airbox...

My e-mail address is FRQFLYRX@aol.com

I tried to take a pic of the dyno then post it, but the photo was not clear.
I have the dyno with me. I will try to scan and post it asap. But, I am on the road, so it may have to wait till this weekend.

Wait till you see the difference!!

Joe

PS. Yosh Box, -5 low, 10 med., -5 high.

The mechanic that tuned it tried multi-
combinations to get the best result
with all of the pipes.

I live in Florida. I do not believe that the climate caused the rust. I have had many Yosh. pipes in the past, and have never had this problem.

Back