Shoei versus HJC HJC wins

OB_CaveDweller

Registered
The RF 800 is a lousy helmet. Big, bulky, poorly ventillated, and noisy.

Try the Shoei XSP-II if you can afford it. For me it is the perfect helmet - light, good style, really well ventillated and very quiet. Well worth the bucks. Has a breath deflector too if you wan to aviod fogging.

[This message has been edited by CaveDweller (edited 05 August 2000).]

I have them both. I just bought the shoei because i crashed when i had the hjc. To be honest I don't see a difference except i can't get the shoei to close all the way. In my opinion HJC is the better helmet.

After one year of testing the Shoei RF800 versus the HJC Lt-12 I conclude:

1. The HJC is imperceptively heavier.
2. The Shoei is no quieter; they have similar face shield attachments. The Shoei's fell apart once, no problem with the HJC.
3. The HJC is more comfortable, no Hindu red mark on the forehead after 2 or more hours.
4. The durability of the internal soft parts is about the same.
5. The HJC lacks label recognition snob appeal from three feet away. From ten feet or more (can't read the label) they both look good.
6. There's no perceptible difference in ventilation.
7. The Shoei costs a LOT more.

I apologize for offending anyone but their both pure **** compared to arai.
Own one and you'll NEVER wear anything else.

I sat my 800 on the seat once and it rolled off onto the driveway, the lil gear mechanism pieces on the right side were destroyed, had to completely replace em.
Whistles like crazy in certain head positions above 30 mph. Seems to not seal for crap. No fog up problems.
No hindu forehead marks.
Pretty comfy overall, pads by cheeks are a lil too tight, kinda aggravating when it's hot.

I got my RF800 for $230. How much is the LT12? Also, I have found that the "hindu dot" thing is based on the shape of your head and your helmet selection. I can't wear ARAI's or Bell's for that reason unless I buy them too big.

I know that this is a Shoei/HJC comparo,but I have to throw my $.02 in with the Arai guys.I have owned all three and Arai (to me) was by far the best.Snug ,well padded,very good ventilation and light weight.
I will say however,that HJC probably wins in the "bang for the buck" category.if you are short on funds,you can by a HJC for considerably less than the other two.It still has the Snell cert. and costs less.
B21 :)

Crash tested an RFR.and Im still here,the lid did its job.I like my 800 and I just got an X-TEK.X-tex is a little noisier then the 800.Two freinds just bought a high end Arai and they loosened up allot after only a week or two.

Went off the road at 135 with a HJC CL12. My body got tore up pretty good but nothing to my head. Broken bones, no road rash.

I put 11,400 miles on it. Ventilation was good and I loved it. Cost $149

You can get a ***** 'n deal on a Bell M4 from Scott Dudek. Bellhelmetsusa.com. I'm not too happy with my Shoei RF800. bad ventillation, bad fit. I really like my HJC open face, great fit. I'm getting another HJC soon.

Jay, I have a sister inlaw in Twin Lakes, a brother in Trevor, a son in Paddock Lake, a sister in Paddock Lake and another sister in law in Bristol.

You riding a busa? I live near Galena but I come over there some times. Maybe we'll meet. Or let me know if you come out this way. Beautiful land, nice riding :)

Back