Noise violation..need help

TonyMastodon

Big Blue Burrito!
Registered
Does anyone know the dB my bike idles at with a full yoshi TRS system?

Seattle rules say 83 dB at 50 feet.... I wonder if im within federal/state regulations.

Anyone have an idea?

(Land lord is asking me to WALK my bike up the street before I start it.. at 830am in the morning... I just wanna make sure im not over 83 dB)

Last edited:
50 dB refrigerator
50 - 75 dB washing machine

50 - 75 dB air conditioner
50 - 80 dB electric shaver
55 - 70 dB dishwasher
60 - 85 dB vacuum cleaner
60 - 95 dB hair dryer
65 - 80 dB alarm clock
75 - 85 dB flush toilet
80 dB ringing telephone
110 dB baby crying

Damn dude what kinda Tyranny you living under a Russian one?

My full TRS R-22 Bling 4 into One is so Quiet until you purposely open it up, there is now way you could over 83db at idle at 50 feet!

In Michigan there is no color of Law like you people have accepted out where you are, are you still in America?........Man people need to put a stop to the B.S. Color Of Law the bureaucrats wish to impose on the serfs..... enjoy your serfdom or do something about it, europe is full of this type of crap and We need to Boot it out of America.

Oh wait I forgot Neo has not wakened the human resources yet........
and there are sentinals out there.........:banghead:

Last edited:
I try to keep the RPMs down coming and going in the neighborhood to keep the noise level down.

Damn dude what kinda Tyranny you living under a Russian one?

My full TRS R-22 Bling 4 into One is so Quiet until you purposely open it up, there is now way you could over 83db at idle at 50 feet!

In Michigan there is no color of Law like you people have accepted out where you are, are you still in America?........Man people need to put a stop to the B.S. Color Of Law the bureaucrats wish to impose on the serfs..... enjoy your serfdom or do something about it, europe is full of this type of crap and We need to Boot it out of America.

Oh wait I forgot Neo has not wakened the human resources yet........
and their are sentinals out there.........

Thats what im screamin!!! the bike gets LOUD when i get on it, but at idle? give me a break!!!

I told them, if they want me to move the bike up the street in the morning, come down and help me then :p.

might be pretty hard to meet.. the full TiForce Ti/SS makes 99dba at 50' and it is one of the quieter aftermarket pipes.. You might PM Gixerhp or Dngrumpy and see what they found (they checked a bunch of pipes at fall bash last year)

The suck part here is that it is your "land lord" wont matter if you are legal or not, if he is unhappy, your life could get unhappy too..

Last edited:
Did your Muffler come from the factory with an "insert" ? My R-22 Bling did and it inserts in the end about 7 inches and has one Bolt with a allen head to secure it.

Walk the bike. It is in your Landlords rights to not allow any motorcycles if he so choses

Hey Tony! :beerchug: Glad to run into you in the org. Don't start no drama! :laugh:

if you are in your landlord's garage or on his drive way...I would care what he thinks. If I am on a public street, I would probably tell him to call a cop.

Good luck meeting an anti bike guys idea of quiet.

Do you know anybody with a sound level meter? You can pick one up at Radio Shack for around $50 if it's worth that to you. If it's a problem for him, it's almost certainly going to become a problem for you even if you are legal. Good luck with the dB nazis.

Don't EVERY full system say "NOT FOR STREET USE, TRACK ONLY" ?

And like said above, your landlord could care less what the law says, it's to loud for him. That's pretty bad, Yosh systems are like the quietest ones out ?

talk a neighbor into getting a Harley...the busa will seem like a prius after that:laugh: sad thing is that the landlord has the power to make life great or not so great, whether or not your system is within the legal db limits. good luck with this, maybe you can find a more tolerable / suitable place by the time your lease is up.

i would say its probably not the actual db of the noise but rather the tone...some tones are just more annoying then others...My boz is screaming load but the tone is low, probably less then 400mhz the d+d and yosh pipes hit you like a needle in the ear at around 1200 mhz which is like a dog whistle to a dog.... I do my neighbors a courtesy and keep my rpms below 2 grand untill Im atleast 6 blocks away to and from my home...even if the pd has a decibel meter, if they aren't trained and certified to use it the ticket can be thrown out...OH by the way I have been doing sound system instals for 20 years and also have run sound for candle box, goo goo doles, collective soul, god smack and ted nuggent...so maybe I'm a bit deaf myself...
:laugh:

Last edited:
Back