Nitrous and shifting

McyMike

Donating Member
Registered
Simple question about NOS. Do you need to come off the bottle (quit spraying) when the bike shifts gears. Will the momentary hesitation load too much nitrous in the cylinders?

I use an auto air shifter that kills my ignition for about 50 milleseconds to unload the clutch before it bangs the next gear. I'm a little worried that when the ignition comes back on I may have more of an "explosion" than I care to.

i trigger my nos myself and i always let off before i go to shift i'm sure they make a setup that will cut your nos before you shift also cause i'm afraid like you said you would get more bang then you would want

i never let off,pin the throttle and hit the button,not even the slightest pop,with a 50 or 60 shot,just make sure you stay off the rev limiter and it should be fine

Chevelle -you're correct. Ran it Wed and just kept the throttle pinned and the air shifter doing its thing...no problems with the quick ignition (50 ms) cutout and NOS sprayin.

my friends that spray with an air shifter have a bigger pop when it hits the next gear and a flash out of the tailpipe but no obvious damage and they are at it every weekend.

what about a dyno jet quick shiffter, would that cause any prob?

<!--EDIT|SPEEDEMON
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131865176 -->

rock.gif

to get the quickest shift you need the solenoids on the ram its self so when you push the button its right there with your air or co2. then there is the kill with any bike you want the smoothest shift and thats the Digi kill by Muzzys but the bike doesn't want to shift with the NOS on so we use a relay to kill the NOS. these bikes dont pop ,shake or nose over between gears they just pull hard. Now we have a new shifter coming out that when you push the button it kills the injectors And the NOS and when the ram moves there is a magnet in the ram with a pick up on the out side that follows the movment and when the ram completes the shift it turns the power back on to the injectors and nos system.No more trying to figure out the kill time just perfect shifts every time.www.1320straightliners.com

IM000166.jpg

Back