Nissan Xterra

warwgn

Hi,I'm Dustin.Do you like my dancing
Donating Member
Registered
I am thinking of trading vehicles to lower my payment and get a 4X4 at the same time. Any thoughts on these SUV's?

xte_gal_pfa_main.jpg

my wife has an 04 2wd with the V6. i really like it, sucks gas though and cant get out of its own way. we should have waited for the 05 with the better engine but so far its been flawless. i wanted a 4x4 but there werent any at the dealers, but i'd bet it would do good offroad. overall i'd recommend nissan to anybody.

bone

Nissans are horrible on gas, and the X-terra is a base model ride.

It is not luxury but will work when times get tough.

What are you trading from?

looks like I'm not trading at all!! I still owe about 24K on my 05 GMC , anyway I stopped by yesterday and took a quick feeler stab at a local dealer.

What a joke, the first thing they came at me with was can you put 8K down and 1010 a month
ices_rofl.gif
I told him if I had 8K to put down I would buy a BUSA!! He was a little confused by that but went back to the manager for a second round, then came back with 4K down and 671 a month. It was a big joke, come to find out they were only wanting to give me 14K for my truck so I just said no thanks and left.

Oh well, the snow is prolly done for the year anyway so I guess I'll just wait and evantually trade in for another GMC crew cab with 4X4, maybe get the diesl this time
cool.gif

Good thinking, 10K is a pretty big roll over on to that X-terra.

Do you not like the GMC?

I love it, just want a 4X4, dont really need it just want it
all_coholic.gif

yep it sucks to have everything you need, but nothing you want
firedevil.gif
Just enough money to go paycheck to paycheck and provide for your family but not enough to get the toys you want. Better than not having what you need, but it still sucks to be so close but still to far away
argue.gif

I have an 02 XTERRA 2WD, it is truly a utility vehicle. That is exactly what it was and is meant to be. For it's purpose, I love it. As mentioned above, bad on gas and not a whole lot of pick up.

I sold my 96 Cobra and 97 Tacoma to put down a nice down payment on the 05 4X4 Xterra manual Off Road and dont regret it. I love it. This is my 3rd Nissan. Check out http://www.xterraownersclub.com/forums.html

Pros:
Looks small outside, but roomy inside
Plastic interior makes it easy to clean
Strong engine that takes 87 octane. 0-60 in 7 sec, not bad
Rockford Fosgate sound system is really sweet. Nice subwoofer underneath drivers seat
Rear seats folds down completely giving U decend cargo area with lots of hooks as tie downs
Can tow 5,000 pound. Ive towed 3700 lbs
Top storage very practical
One belt. Timing chain
Ladder frame
Its a Nissan!

Cons:
15-17 mpg if U step on it. 21mpg if U take it easy
Plastic can scratch easily. I have rubber mat in cargo area
Entering rear door is a little awkard for some people. OK once seated inside
Truck not aerodynamic. Very strong winds (not from other trucks) can push U.

Hope I was helpful. Let me know if U have anymore questions. This truck will make U smile.

Back