Air horn for a car?

300Busa

Chillaxin...
Donating Member
Registered
I want to install a nice air horn/train horn on my Nissan Xterra. Anyone have any advice or experience with them? I am looking to spend under $300 for the tank, compressor, etc.

why so much? how about the Stebel we run on the bikes at $30? or 2 of them?

just slightly above 300, its 350 delivered but I trust the guy selling them (know him personally, and no i get nothin for sending you that way ;) ) but have zero problem with his products :beerchug:

popular mounting points are under the bed on our trucks... maybe you have more room back there? Anywho, Dave is a great guy and his product is good stuff. :beerchug:

popular mounting points are under the bed on our trucks... maybe you have more room back there? Anywho, Dave is a great guy and his product is good stuff. :beerchug:

I should have lots of room under there. How easy is the install? I have a 12v cig lighter hookup in my trunk, could I just hook the compressor up to that and run a wire for the horn up to the cab? Any videos of that horn so that I can hear the sound?

Kinda hard to hear but its WAY loud in person

Last edited by a moderator:
oh yeah, I just read that was with the windows up on the truck :whistle:

I want to install a nice air horn/train horn on my Nissan Xterra. Anyone have any advice or experience with them? I am looking to spend under $300 for the tank, compressor, etc.

You can see they have a link next to the video to thier kit site. Theres a few total kits for under $300 listed. Probably not Freighttrain loud but enough to jump somebody off their cell phone or bicycle: http://www.hornblasters.com/

guess I miss the point of scaring people with your horn.... maybe I am just getting old but you could wave a plastic gun at them and get the same effect..

I suppose the same guys that pick on the nerds in school own one now? :rofl:

Last edited:
well for the most part, the people I know that have them use them at events or to get folks attention.... most of the time they dont use them to "scare" people but to get their attention..... and we all know that at times people need to be brought back into focus while driving, or more importantly sitting at the green lights :laugh:

well for the most part, the people I know that have them use them at events or to get folks attention.... most of the time they dont use them to "scare" people but to get their attention..... and we all know that at times people need to be brought back into focus while driving, or more importantly sitting at the green lights :laugh:
know what you mean... I know they never hear the "stock" horn or the 138Db stebel for that matter...
You might want to consider just getting a push bar and shoving them out of the way.. (if they really require so much overkill)

I think it is more to be the "center of attention" than to "get the attention" all the same... :rofl: "Looky what I can do!" ok Stewart...

I dont have them ;) I just know a lotta folks that do.... and yes at times they are very obnoxious, but they also do make you laugh at times.

Now, where's that magic ray gun to make you believe what I'm sayin :rofl:

stewie3.jpg

Back