Night Riding = Awesomeness

Banger

Registered
Am I the only one who likes to get on the busa just after dusk and enjoy the cool weather and darkness of the streets? There's just something about night riding that makes me feel awesome and actually enjoy my rides more. Maybe it's the lessened traffic... maybe I'm a secret dark knight destroyer when the dusk comes.... who knows.

Yes it's more dangerous to ride at night because of visibility... blah blah blah... but I just thought I'd share my random thought.:)

You're not alone. Many member do have HID kits and some major running light upgrades. Sure is pretty though... here though.. its so flat and not alot to see.

Most of the time I go riding is at night, some of my friends tell me I must be a vampire:laugh:

I agree 100%-I love night riding on the cool summer nights. The only problem is I live out in the boonies and I'm totally afraid of the deer. I know in a collision between the deer and me, the deer will win. I don't like those odds:banghead:

Only ever ride at night if I have to, since I got into my 50's my night vision has gone terrible :banghead:

Best regards Stretch :colgate:

Most of my riding is at night. When I first got the busa, the headlight, as are most busas, was pointed at the ground about ten feet ahead of the bike. Adjusting the headlight up helped some, but night vision was still poor. I then replaced the stock bulb with a Sylvania silverstar bulb, and it made a big difference. Next mod was HID, and I can't tell you how much better it is now. In addition to improved night vision, it has helped other drivers see me during the day. Love riding at night.:thumbsup:

I'm with you on this one. I love riding between 4:00 and 6:00am especially on Saturdays and Sundays. I've been doing it since I started riding back in 2005. I remember my very first ride on a motorcycle (my '01 R1)was at 5:00am. The thing I like the most about it is that there's a lot less cars on the road. Not to mention it's not too hot during the summer months. It's funny how my friends and relatives think I'm nuts for riding 100+ miles before breakfast but then again, they wouldn't understand.:laugh:

Don't care much for night riding. Alright on straight lines, but when the road turns, then it gets spooky. A lot of the corners around here are pretty tight, signed at 30mph. Tip the bike over enough to go through them at much faster than that, and the headlight (no matter how bright it is) shortens up to the point of being useless. Mid corner at 45 in a 30, there is just enough light reach to see what your going to hit before you hit it. Any slower than that and things start getting weebly and awkward, looking kinda like a Harley rider corner.:laugh:
I'll ride at night, but it's not one of my favorite things to do.

I love night riding myself. And I like bright lights too! Between the HID high beam and my LED driving lights I have 10,000 Lumens - the low beam is useless when the high is adjusted right, but the LED's fill in for it. With all on full it's like daytime for a football field in front of the bike :laugh:

IMG_0648.JPG

I love to ride at night...but the Busa's headlights are garbage.
The HID's still aren't enough light for country roads either.:beerchug:

If night time is less light and decreased traffic making for a better drive / ride that is good but most time the animal frequency and road conditions change as the sun goes down...it is assumed risk on a track or riding in rush hour traffic..atleast you know what you are in for be prepared

I ride at night especially this time of year, but I'm not fond of it. Even with HIDs properly adjusted, seeing throough corners isn't easy with the HIDs lighting up the trees on the outside of the curves.

Anytime is a good time to ride my Busa, just came from a nice nite time run, the only problem is the bugs in southwest Florida. Not as bad now but horrible in the summer. Dark country roads are always a little scarry out here, because of the wildlife, your always waiting for something to jump out at you. Guess is part of the whole thrill...:D

cool weather? around here cool weather is 18 degrees tonight.....:banghead: but yes I enjoy nite riding better then day actually

Anytime is a good time to ride my Busa, just came from a nice nite time run, the only problem is the bugs in southwest Florida. Not as bad now but horrible in the summer. Dark country roads are always a little scarry out here, because of the wildlife, your always waiting for something to jump out at you. Guess is part of the whole thrill...:D

Live in FL also and totaly understand the night time bug issue. In the summer you get covered in them riding at night.

Now around dawn on a Saturday is just totaly awsome this time of year!

i love riding at night! it is no different than any other time or place, you just have to be aware of the risks and make the appropriate changes to minimize negative outcomes...it's great to have the road completely to yourself almost as if you are the only person in the world :beerchug:

Back