NHRA License

depends on how they interpret the rule book....but I would think so, I'm assuming this is for gravity fed carberated bikes,,,,

Here in Vegas at "The Strip" you need full leathers at 130+MPH and runs into the 9's requires a NHRA license. And that includes the Friday night midnight mayhem races (run what you brung).

20080905strip2.jpg

Here in Vegas at "The Strip" you need full leathers at 130+MPH and runs into the 9's requires a NHRA license. And that includes the Friday night midnight mayhem races (run what you brung).

20080905strip2.jpg
have not run the new track there, The old track used to buy us in once or twice a year for exhibition runs.. looks like you got a nice place now, the old track was a real shid hole.. We ran 5.80's in the 250's on good nights there.. Is also where I got to meet and know Arnie Beswick (The Farmer)..

Track to track its all different, at gleason TN i run the test and tune and they dont check nothing! I run full gear any way just because stupid hurts! ALOT FOR A LONG TIME!

At most NHRA tracks if you run quicker than 9.99 you have to have an NHRA Competition license.

depends on if your track requires it.

prostar does if over 120 mph but they can do it if you get ther on fri.

I just had made couple runs+not crash+they gave it 2 me.

they do have take your time slips but you can copy them down.

Ok. I have read all the competition rules. I understand NHRA vs IHRA tracks. How about us guys that just want to run down the track, likkty split. I beleive in safty equipment so I am there with all that is required. Why do I need to spend over 200.00 for a competative license, to run over 9.99 index. I dont care if there is somebody else at the tree or not. I run for fun. I have read the requirements for obtaining the license, seems a bit much for us guys running on Friday or Saturday night for fun.

Ok. I have read all the competition rules. I understand NHRA vs IHRA tracks. How about us guys that just want to run down the track, likkty split. I beleive in safty equipment so I am there with all that is required. Why do I need to spend over 200.00 for a competative license, to run over 9.99 index. I dont care if there is somebody else at the tree or not. I run for fun. I have read the requirements for obtaining the license, seems a bit much for us guys running on Friday or Saturday night for fun.

why.....because that is the rules.

Most of it is about insurance. The faster you go the higher the chance of injury. That is where they set the break. Most sanctioned tracks are buying insurance from the sanction at a big discount over regular insurance. Part of being about to keep that insurance is enforcing the rules that NHRA set.

Also you don't have to get the full blown membership, you can just get the license. It is $50 for 2 years. (This will not cover a NHRA event however) You will have to get a physical.. Likely time you did anyhow and your insurace will cover most of it.

I get it about the rules. The Question is again why do I need a competition license if I not competing. Test and tune, flying solo out of one lane is not COMPETING. Sounds like a another let me get into your pocket again by the track.:rulez:

Back