NHRA license question

Quicker Gixxer

Registered
I'm getting very close to being required to have the NHRA license for my local track. What I'm curious about is Half/Moderate/Full passes needing to be made before sending in the application. How does that work?

I'm at 6.42 now in the 1/8th....6.39 requires the License. Do my full passes need to be under 6.4 or just very close? It doesn't seem to make sense for someone like me who is trying to gain hundredths...to have to make the full passes beyond my current PB ET...in order to get the license ahead of time.

If I run consistent 6.42-6.43's for my full passes...can I get the license in anticipation of getting a little faster soon? That way...once it happens I'm ready and don't get booted from the track.

Thanks..

PM Goldem child or Proffesor. They would know , I know in the qtr if you do under a 10 it was required

I am pretty sure that you have to be able to run the number in order to qualify for your license.

I know that I was having no troubles at my outlaw track running under the number, but the NHRA track I went to to get my license was poorly prepped. I ended up having to spray the bike in order to get my number!

The last two passes will have to be 9.99 or under and at a 1/4 mile track. You can run the first 4 at an 1/8 mile track.

^^^^ what he said - you have to run the numbers to get the license. get yourself a small power adder if you are close but just cant make it happen.

Thanks for the info everyone.... I'm really wanting to hit that 6.39 while still SWB...once I do I'll put on the +12" arm I have all ready to go. Then I should be able to hit it fairly consistently for the license passes. My 60's are 1.71 at best...so stretching it out a bit should give me what I need.

Back