Couple of track questions.

chowda633

Registered
In going through what seems like an endless list of crap to add modify etc to be ready for the track I came across these 2 "rules" that the track has. The track is www.newenglanddragway.com Epping, NH.

This is the event.
http://www.newenglanddragway.com/html/home.php?dest=fsn

I have been riding for almost 2 years now. RI requires you to take the MSF course before getting your permit. I did that never got my permit... State is retarded. You pay 30 for your permit return in 30 days and pay another 30 for a brand new license and on top of that 200 dollars for the MSF course!

I went and got my permit today so I am legal and I see this crap on the site!

(Valid state motorcycle operator’s license is required. Learner’s permits are not acceptable)

How strict are they on that crap?

And what is this?

(All motorcycles must have a permanent style competition number plate attached to the right side of the vehicle)

Last edited:
Most of those rules are for competing during a sanctioned event. If you go to a normal test-n-tune night they normally wave most of that stuff (other than safety gear, tether switch, etc.). I would just call them up and act like you never looked on the site and see what they say. Get the name of the person you talk to and if they give you flack during tech, ask to speak with the person that informed you what you needed on the phone... :beerchug:

I race at epping almost every weekend. They check your licence ever time you sign the waiver. Its a rule, and as rules go, a pretty good rule. You wouldn't want to be lined up next to some squid who just bought a 180 HP bike 2 weeks ago, and is about to cross the lane and take both riders out. I'm not saying you can't ride. I'm just saying its a pretty good rule for all those people involved. Go get your licence, and I'll meet you up there soon.

BTW, you don't need a competition plate for test and tune. Most folks just write down a number with white shoe polish on the windshield or fairings. If you are going to race ET next season, you would need a permanently mounted ET plate, but your identification number can be anything your write on your bike. Its just there so they know what time slip to give to you. The Streetfighter series up at NED is a great competition venue for streetbikes. Get your licence and come on up.

I race at epping almost every weekend. They check your licence ever time you sign the waiver. Its a rule, and as rules go, a pretty good rule. You wouldn't want to be lined up next to some squid who just bought a 180 HP bike 2 weeks ago, and is about to cross the lane and take both riders out. I'm not saying you can't ride. I'm just saying its a pretty good rule for all those people involved. Go get your licence, and I'll meet you up there soon.

I understand about the squid thing totally agree with that but will my MSF course card that has a date of over a year ago cover me because in RI its required unlike mass where you just "get your License"?

Ok I called them and spoke to jean. She said the MSF course should be fine I explained about how I have moved around and just not have had the chance to get the "Tag" on my license yet but she said the MSF course card shows that I have been riding for over a year.

Back