I'm legal again

I really don't care how people ride or if they're legal or not... but if they get busted... I'll LMAO!
How bout I take that attitude with the way you choose to ride?!? When you are laid up in the hospital with your skull split open, I'll laugh my azz off. Nah, probably not. Not that type of person. Tell ya what, forget that someone who has been in ICU with broken vertebrae was trying to look out for ya. So when you wreck that Busa, and you will, dont come crying on the board that you need help because you are in the hospital. It's gonna fall on deaf ears.

"And I don't ride like a nut to begin with... but yeah I do like to speed a lot if I've got the road to do it on." This is called an oxymoron. Like I said before, riding w/out a permit/endorsement affects only me and no one else.

If riding/driving without a license matters so little to you... why bother getting one then?

It's ridiculous to say that I will wreck. If you say that I will then that means everyone will wreck theirs, too. And if I got wrecked, I wouldn't come to an internet forum begging a bunch of people for money! Now that is ridiculous!

For once...I support the fact that riding without gear is far more responsible than riding without a valid permit...

wow.gif

If riding/driving without a license matters so little to you... why bother getting one then?

It's ridiculous to say that I will wreck. If you say that I will then that means everyone will wreck theirs, too. And if I got wrecked, I wouldn't come to an internet forum begging a bunch of people for money! Now that is ridiculous!
Bikers who haven't been down, are gonna go down eventually. It's inevitable.

Got my permit so I could do the MSF course in order to get a reduction on my insurance. I stated that earlier in this thread. If not for that, I would still be riding around w/out anything. That and dealerships wont let you test ride w/out at least a permit. Wanted to test out a R1 for my wife but they wouldnt let me till I was legal.

(Black Bird Killer @ Sep. 03 2006,14:23) Bikers who haven't been down, are gonna go down eventually.  It's inevitable.
+1 ......ride long enough and it will happen .

I don't agree. But I will concede that if you ride long enough that something will happen like a drop or minor accident... but I don't agree that "everyone" will go down at speed or crash in a way that will cause bodily damage.

Dang!  Wheres that popcorn emoticon when you really need it!   Oh well, this will have to do...

(fsusux @ Sep. 06 2006,23:00) Dang!  Wheres that popcorn emoticon when you really need it!   Oh well, this will have to do...
You wont need it. I'm done debating with the kid.

(Over_Easy @ Sep. 02 2006,13:47)
(--HayaVegas @ Sep. 02 2006,10:56) And you have insurance?  How do you get motorcycle insurance without a Motorcycle endorsement on your license?  Surely you aren't one of those ######## who ride without insurance....
I had insurance before I even had my permit.  In FL you don't need to be licensed or have ins. to even buy a mc.
Same here in CA.

(PaNDeM1C @ Sep. 06 2006,22:52) but I don't agree that "everyone" will go down at speed or crash in a way that will cause bodily damage.
We shall see .........there's alotta non- driving cagers out there that don't give a crap about us .

(PaNDeM1C @ Sep. 06 2006,19:52) I don't agree. But I will concede that if you ride long enough that something will happen like a drop or minor accident... but I don't agree that "everyone" will go down at speed or crash in a way that will cause bodily damage.
You will right after it happens.

Ah, nothing like a spirited, irrational debate.
biggrin.gif

Hey Black Bird, I just got my official endorsement as well- but I've been riding with my learner's permit since I got the bike.
When I signed up for insurance online, I put down that I had the MSF course (because I planned on taking it) and they gave me the discount and never asked for any proof.
rock.gif
Still haven't taken it...
blush.gif

I would bet that less than 10% of the riders here wear FULL protective gear for EVERY single ride they take...

I would also bet that there are riders out there who've ridden all their lives and have never crashed.

I'm not saying that I don't think it's smart to wear gear. Hey, I recently bought gloves and I'm getting an armored jacket next week... so obviously being here has taught me something...

I will certainly agree that odds are if you ride long enough you'll probably have some kind of accident. Same goes for smoking - if you do it long enough you'll probably have health issues. But... some don't. Like George Burns who lived to be like 99. Obviously it pays to be smart and not smoke... and wear gear when you ride. And riding illegally is more idiotic than riding legally with legal gear... even though not full gear.

My best friend started riding the same time I did which was 1985. He's had many bikes over the years and currently rides an XX. 21 years worth of hard core riding and yet he doesn't have that magic MC stamped on his license.
So does that MC stamp make a noob a better rider than someone who's been riding accident free over 2 decades?

The big downside is if you get into an accident that's your fault and your insurance company is liable for paying out hundreds of thousands in damages, I guarantee the insurance company lawyers will find any loop hole they can to not cover you and no MC endorsement will be their easy way out.

(PaNDeM1C @ Sep. 07 2006,21:24) I would bet that less than 10% of the riders here wear FULL protective gear for EVERY single ride they take...

I would also bet that there are riders out there who've ridden all their lives and have never crashed.

I'm not saying that I don't think it's smart to wear gear. Hey, I recently bought gloves and I'm getting an armored jacket next week... so obviously being here has taught me something...

I will certainly agree that odds are if you ride long enough you'll probably have some kind of accident. Same goes for smoking - if you do it long enough you'll probably have health issues. But... some don't. Like George Burns who lived to be like 99. Obviously it pays to be smart and not smoke... and wear gear when you ride. And riding illegally is more idiotic than riding legally with legal gear... even though not full gear.
Ok. Keep believing that and then when the medic is scraping your brains off the pavement because you didn't have on a lid, he can say "well, at least he had an endorsement"

I live in Alabama! I have to wear a helmet and always do! I don't know what made you think I don't wear a helmet....

Even if I lived in a state that didn't require a helmet, I'd still wear one... jeez.

(PaNDeM1C @ Sep. 07 2006,22:01) I live in Alabama! I have to wear a helmet and always do! I don't know what made you think I don't wear a helmet....

Even if I lived in a state that didn't require a helmet, I'd still wear one... jeez.
Good to know. No helmet law in Ohio

Back