Texas shootout?

kaze1300

Registered
Anyone plan on running the extremetxshootout series? And are there any other motorcycle series around the western part of the U.S.? I don't mean the NHRA, for u smart asses out there
biggrin.gif

I'd like to try to run one of the TX events. There is just too much going on. It will be all I can do to make all of the PMRA races this year.

How far are you from Oklahoma City? This year PMRA is only running at one track. It is about 30 minutes South of the I-40/I-35 junction. www.pmra.net Pretty good racing! Usually 110-135 bikes.

(Professor @ Feb. 26 2007,11:43) I'd like to try to run one of the TX events. There is just too much going on. It will be all I can do to make all of the PMRA races this year.

How far are you from Oklahoma City? This year PMRA is only running at one track. It is about 30 minutes South of the I-40/I-35 junction.  www.pmra.net  Pretty good racing! Usually 110-135 bikes.
When is this event you speak of?? If my schedule permits i might make a ride up there for it.

(Sloto200 @ Feb. 26 2007,20:53)
When is this event you speak of??  If my schedule permits i might make a ride up there for it.
Here is the schedule. Make sure you look me up if you come!

Saturday ... April 7th ... Thunder Valley Raceway Park,  Noble, OK
Gates @ 10:00 am, Qualifying @ 11:00 am , Elim  3:00 pm          

Saturday ... May 12th ... Thunder Valley Raceway Park,  Noble, OK
Gates @ 10:00 am, Qualifying 11:00 am,  Elim 3:00 pm      

Saturday ... June 16th ... Thunder Valley Raceway Park,  Noble, OK
Gates @ 10:00 am, Qualifying 11:00 am,  Elim 3:00 pm    

Saturday ... July 14th ... Thunder Valley Raceway Park,  Noble, OK
Gates @ 4:00 pm, Qualifying 5:00 pm, Elim 8:00 pm      

Saturday ... August 25th ... Thunder Valley Raceway Park,  Noble, OK
Gates @ 4:00 pm, Qualifying 5:00 pm,   Elim 8:00 pm      

Saturday ... September 15th ... Thunder Valley Raceway Park,  Noble, OK
Gates @ 10:00 am, Qualifying 11:00 am,   Elim 3:00 pm  

Saturday ... October 20th ... Thunder Valley Raceway Park,  Noble, OK
Gates @ 10:00 am, Qualifying 11:00 am,   Elim 2:00 pm

Hey that sounds do-able for me too. I'll be driving from New Mexico, The Tx shootout is mostly in Houston this year the schedule for that is posted on there website extremetxshootout.com Not to enthused on some of there rules though. My friend is in the middle of building a stretched busa with a 1397, and body kit from airtech....no lights. They haven't emailed me back on what class he might be able to run in.... anyways i'll have to check out Ok.

What is the wheelbase? Running a wheelie bar, slick or DOT tire. What times are you targeting.

PMRA Prostreet has been dominated the last few races by George Gooch from Houston. He went 7.58 @ 197 last race.

We have a 6 over swingarm from Trac. no whellie bar. We'll be trying the MT proshootout tire. We hope to start it this weekend and possibly take it to ECS Dyno within the next two weeks. We hope to run it in the high to mid 8's. Rider is 135lbs. And now looks like we have to get some lights in it.....head and rear. I'll try to post up some pics of progress.

Thunder Valley's pretty nice, I enjoyed my time up there last season. I raced with the Clash of the Titans in the 12-second true street class (now Index Challenge class) and won in my 69 cougar. It was a good drive, though, and I don't think I'll make the season opener this year in April.

**EDIT**
I take that back, opener is April 21 in Tulsa. Noble's not til June 23. At any rate, I don't think I'll make either.

You might be competitive in the Pro Street Class. Most of the guys are running mid to high 8s. They changed the rules on wheelbase. I think George is longer than 68 runnig a blow thru turbo. I know it has a necked frame.

You can see all the elimination runs on www.pmra.net in the archives.

Motorcycles running Nitrous Oxide or draw thru style turbos may run sliders, motorcycle slicks up to 7" and a maximun wheelbase of 75".
Motorcycles running blow thru style turbos must run DOT tire and a maximum wheelbase of 68".
All Pro Street entries should run stock appearing body work and be self starting.

You might email Mitch Brown in the contacts page for more info.

My buddy won the Texas Shootout in '05 on his ZX12. Now he's got a turbo Busa and he's planning on kicking arse and taking names this year also.

(bacharles @ Mar. 05 2007,21:05) My buddy won the Texas Shootout in '05 on his ZX12.  Now he's got a turbo Busa and he's planning on kicking arse and taking names this year also.
Let us know how he does next week.

Might see if he can work a PMRA race or two into his schedule.

Back