Next to last update on mother

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
Mother has refused all treatment. She hasn't eaten in 3 days and says she is not going to. They are transferring her to a hospice facility tomorrow. I am headed to Houston first thing Friday. At the hospice facility she will have no IVs or anything. We (the family) are respecting her wishes. They evaluated her mental condition yesterday and said that she was rational, aware and fully capable to make the decision she is making. My dad and brother are going to the national cemetary tomorrow to make the arrangements.

Thanks for all the prayers and support.

Don

Sorry to hear about your mother. It's going to be tough. Everybodies prayers are with you and your family.

Good luck, Don. I am still praying for you and your mom. Be careful on your way down friday.

Sorry to hear it, Don. Don't think there are any words that can adequately express the pain I know you are feeling. Just know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Wow man sorry to hear that mom is not doing well...sounds like you and the
family have done all that you can do.

It's sad to see she's given up. Maybe she can feel it's her time. Give our best to the family. You are all in my prayers.

Doug

Very sorry to here.I guess we all have to go through this at one point in life. Try to keep your head up and god bless.Your family will be in our prayers.

Sorry to hear this. At least you can be there with her.
My thoughts are with you and your family.

Back