Hospice is awesome! 5 stars!!

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
I just wanted to share that I have been working with Hospice for my mom over the last week and a half and I cant praise them enough.

My mom past away at 1045 last night. In her home on her couch, and this is where she wanted to be when the end came.

My wife, myself and my 3 boys were able to all be there with her at the end.

With the help of Hospice we were able to provide her the medication that I honeslty believed helped greatly in her transition from this life. Her end was very peacful.

Hospice also provided us with information that allowed us to see the signs of her body that indciated the end was near.

They provided 24/7 suppprt, everytime I called a nurse talked to me, a few times a nurse drove out.

They "were" going to have someone come out 5 days a week, actually they were going to have a caregiver come out 5 days a week to give baths, clean her up etc, and they were going to send a nurse out at least twice a week.

I say were because she never made it that long.

The support from Hospice was just so great I cant really express it properly.

They said they will be following up with us for the next year making sure we are ok. And they have a kids camp that is paid for by hospice that is for kids 8 to 18. and it is specifically for kids who have lost family that were in the hospice program.

They said they found that have a kids camp where kids can go and play and have fun with others that went through the same thing helps the kids.

My 11 year old seem excited about going to it. he really loved his grandma and he wanted to be there with her when she passed on. I was very proud of him.

When she passed I called hospice and a social worker from hopsice came out with a nurse, verified she indeed did pass away and then they made the phone calls to the local morturarys, helped us pick with and set everything up to have someone come out and pick my moms body up.

I just want to say that if anyone has a family member who is terminal I feel hospice is the way to go, my wife and I had to provide 24 hour care because someone had to be there, so we did not get a whole lot of sleep, but it allowed us to be with her, and in hospice they are more liberal with medication for pain than a hospital can be. so they are in their home, able to receive as much pain meds as they need and they are just more comfortable.

Just wanted to share..

I experienced "hospice" this last year when my dad passed... amazing people that are doing an incredibly tough job.. they become part of the family and I think in many cases grieve as much as immediate family when the time comes but they also impart the closure that many need... Glad they were there for us too...

Sorry for your loss! At least with help you had, it seems to have made that much easier!

Sorry for your loss, our prayers & thoughts go out to you and your family.
Kris & John
The Hospice group is truly a blessing during a very difficult time in our lives, they helped us twice when my mother-inlaw & father-inlaw passed on to a better place,even when things are looking bad, a comfortable place can be so calming- there's no place like home

Sorry For Your Loss !!!!!!!!

Had the Same Kinda Experiance with Hospice when Mom Died 10 Years Ago :down:

God Bless You and Family :please:

Same here, they are incredible people doing a very difficult job, hats off to all of them.

So sorry for you and your family.
Prayers for all of you.

Very sorry for your loss. Deepest condolences to you and your family.

It takes a special kind of person to do that kind of work. My wife was a Hospice RN for years and worked with the group that provided end care to her Father. I know firsthand from both sides the great help and benefit that they are.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Prayers for you and your family.

Very Sorry for your loss brother. I am glad hear that your mother was able to pass under her own terms, with dignity and with the people who loved her most by her side, we should all be so fortunate when our time comes.. Prayers out to to you.

My condolences Ron, "Woman of Faith".....it's ALL GOOD !!! :super: Praise The Most High.....

I am sorry for your loss, but glad your Mom is free of pain and in a better place.
Hospice is a great organization. Takes a special person to be a Hospice care giver.

Sending prayers of comfort to you and your family.

Very sorry for your loss. My sister-n-law is a hospice nurse. It take a special person to do that job.

Very sorry for your loss, prayers sent for all.

I don't think words cover the hurt, but I am sorry for your loss.

:bowdown: Thank you to the Hospice folks that is a heck of a hard job to do!

Back