Hospice is awesome! 5 stars!!

Very sorry for your loss, Thrasher, but it sounds like you made her passing as easy on her as possible. My mom has volunteered for the local hospice since my dad passed away 7 years ago. They truly are a great organization.

i am glad they helped you so much. a hospice company helped me and my family very much when my grandmother passed

Wishing you and your family all the best during this time. Glad hospice was there to offer some support.

My condolences.

End Stage healthcare is a tough business. Good to hear you found support during this difficult time.

I'm sorry for your loss, Ron; glad to hear that her passing was peaceful. Thoughts and prayers out to you and your family.

My condolences go out to you and your family. I am so glad that you were there with her as she left this world. There is nothing more comforting than to know you are not alone. God Bless you! If there is anything I can do let me know!

Thrasherfox, so sorry to hear of your mom's passing and my heart and prayers go out to you and your family. I too had an exceptional experience with the folks from Hospice. My mom passed away three years ago from pancreatic cancer and the care that they provided was truly heroic at times.

You and yours are in our prayers, Ron!

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your mother regardless of circumstances. I am glad though that you had such great support in being with her at a time that mattered so much to both of you.

Your heart is going to ache at times and I would invite you share your feelings with us, your extended family - it really does help to heal the pain.

You and yours are in our prayers, Ron!

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your mother regardless of circumstances. I am glad though that you had such great support in being with her at a time that mattered so much to both of you.

Your heart is going to ache at times and I would invite you share your feelings with us, your extended family - it really does help to heal the pain.

Had kind of a rough morning this morning.

The wife and I have spent the last 3 days going through everything in the house (financial documents and such)

This morning when we went there when I looked at the couch where she passed I lost it a little for some reason.

The couch was not in to good of shape (cig burn marks on it, etc) so we took it to the dump and dropped it off.

I think it was the first day we were there I took the 2 half gallon bottles of whiskey that were in the house and poored then down the sink.

I have been pretty good most of the time, just every once in awhile it gets to me.

Finding some cool stuff though, I found my grandmothers social security card, it was made of metal. It was really cool looking.

Man there is a lot of crap to go through, she kept bank statements and other documents that have personal information on them that go back 30 years or more. so the wife and I have two shredders going. and we are having to scrutinize every single peice of paper.

I have to take some pictures later of some other cool stuff we have found, another thing is this cool bank that is made out of iron, and it has this launching device that you place the coin in and it shoots the coin into the bank.

I found some pristine 45's and a picture of Elvis with his signature.

Almost like a treasure hunt.

I'm so sorry for your loss Ron, but you know she's no longer suffering...

Can't say enough about hospice care; they were incredible when we needed 'em for my step-father.

Ron, you're in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm sorry I'm just seeing this Ron. I'm very sorry! Are the kids transitioning okay now? Did the funeral and everthing go okay? I havent lost a parent yet but I can imagine it's not easy to get use to. I will say a prayer for you and your family especially the kids. Hope they have fun at the camp. Sounds like she was blessed to pass so peacefully with her family and (if I can put a little humor in this)with plenty of drugs :)

I'm sorry I'm just seeing this Ron. I'm very sorry! Are the kids transitioning okay now? Did the funeral and everthing go okay? I havent lost a parent yet but I can imagine it's not easy to get use to. I will say a prayer for you and your family especially the kids. Hope they have fun at the camp. Sounds like she was blessed to pass so peacefully with her family and (if I can put a little humor in this)with plenty of drugs :)

Yes we are all doing fine.

I feel we were blessed in the fact that she hadnt been doing well for over a year so personally it allowed me time to come to terms with her death over a year.

for me this was much better than losing a parent at the snap of a finger and getting an unexpected phone call.

The kids are doing fine. we are all fine. Thanks for asking :)

Yes, the drugs were a blessing also. I think they helped her have as much of a pain free exit from this world as could be expected. It can't be very pleasent haveing cascading organ failure to the point where it is laboring to breath and then you just stop. All while still concious for the most part. Even up to about 30 minutes before she passed she seemed coherant of her surroundings, just unable to verbalize anything. makes you wonder what their last thoughts were.

You are in my prayers. Hospice was a God send to our family and there are not enough words in the Dictionary to give credit to them for the work they do.

Yes we are all doing fine.

I feel we were blessed in the fact that she hadnt been doing well for over a year so personally it allowed me time to come to terms with her death over a year.

for me this was much better than losing a parent at the snap of a finger and getting an unexpected phone call.

The kids are doing fine. we are all fine. Thanks for asking :)

Yes, the drugs were a blessing also. I think they helped her have as much of a pain free exit from this world as could be expected. It can't be very pleasent haveing cascading organ failure to the point where it is laboring to breath and then you just stop. All while still concious for the most part. Even up to about 30 minutes before she passed she seemed coherant of her surroundings, just unable to verbalize anything. makes you wonder what their last thoughts were.

they say hearing us the last to go. Glad all is well my friend.

Back