Next Gen Busa in 06?

K Wolf

Donating Member
Registered
Lots of rumors going around about the next gen busa.  I keep hearing about 1500cc.  I'm hoping it will loose some weight and stay at 1300.  I notice that Suzuki's web site has new 06 color schemes for the GSXR1000, but not for the other GSXRs or the busa.  I'm wondering if that means body changes for the other GSXRs and most importantly for the busa.

What do you guys think the next gen will be like?

The general opinion on this board is that the busa might get upgraded in 2007...but then again its all rumors!!! Oh and this topic has been talked over about a kazilion times...
biggrin.gif

It just means that they are running out of '05 1k's is all...... thats why they are doing early releases on them.....

From what I hear on the inside is the 06 busa will be 1400cc and won't be available until May-June?

I heard it might be a 350lbs,factory Turbo'd 2000cc screamer with radial brakes and your own personal umbrella girl.

No really. I heard it from a friend of a friend's cousin, that works with a guy that knows a person that knows someone that seen a Busa one time.

<!--EDIT|GMbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119936097 -->

I heard it might be a 350lbs,factory Turbo'd 2000cc screamer with radial brakes and your own personal umbrella girl.

No really. I heard it from a friend of a friend's cousin, that works with a guy that knows a person that knows someone that seen a Busa one time.
Your a mean man.. LOL

hmmmmmmmm i will take 2 then never can have enough umbrella girls
ices_rofl.gif

It just means that they are running out of '05 1k's is all...... thats why they are doing early releases on them.....
Just like what another member said here, I'm definitely eyeing that Red Black '06. But I will never do it on the expense of my Busa. Too valuable.
race.gif

As I mentioned several weeks ago in another thread (wherein several omnipotent members thumped me for saying so), a well-placed member of Suzuki Racing told me that a new Busa is coming. He also told me that 1400cc was being considered. I assumed he meant for `06 but he did not specify when. I'm typically wary about such things, but Knowing the man and his direct factory connections, I have no reason to doubt his inside knowledge nor his sincerity.

Now, if it makes you feel better, shoot the messenger!
cool.gif

What the hell I may as well throw some fuel on this fire! “Charlie, give me two gallons of Gasolineâ€￾! Since everybody is talking about more and bigger and faster and all that #### I will go the other way. How about a Hyper-Sport-touring version of the Busa for 2006? Sort of a Suzuki version of a Ducati ST4S on crank! Radial brakes, fully (remotely) adjustable suspension, available hard bags that flow with the bike, taller (adjustable?) shield, and adjustable ergonomics to suit a broader range of people. Throw in a few more ponies and a bit less weight and they would take a big piece of market share from the FJR. Speaking of which, I rode a brand new FJR the other day and was not as easily impressed with it, as the magazine guys seem to be. My GS1150 (even with 16/40 gearing) has motor all over that thing. I was expecting King Kong motor and it just wasn’t there.
poke.gif
firedevil.gif

Back