Gen 1 vs Gen 2

Guess it all comes down to looks. Does the look of the gen 2 turn you on so much you want to spend the extra money and also fork over even more money modding it the way you want it after you get it.... :whistle:

If the Gen 1 is feeling a little stale to you at the moment stop riding it for a week or two till you start having withdrawal symptoms and then go back and get your fix... maybe the Gen 1 is due another mod. :laugh:

Happy with my decision. :thumbsup:

Dsc04327_800.jpg

Dsc04327_800.jpg

My Advice:

If you're going to sell the Gen 1, return it to stock, sell it Private party, and CL or Ebay your mods. You'll get an easier sale and MUCH better value out of what you own.

Guess it all comes down to looks. Does the look of the gen 2 turn you on so much you want to spend the extra money and also fork over even more money modding it the way you want it after you get it.... :whistle:

If the Gen 1 is feeling a little stale to you at the moment stop riding it for a week or two till you start having withdrawal symptoms and then go back and get your fix... maybe the Gen 1 is due another mod. :laugh:

Psh if I go a day without riding I start having withdrawal symptoms lol. Can't say I wouldn't go to a Gen2. Only thing I really like about the Gen2's are the motor, speedo gauges and front radial brakes....ok ok and maybe the real tail (sue me!). But there is no better feeling the actually owning your bike. I hated those bike payments. I wouldn't get a 2011, I'd get a used 08. Loads cheaper and it's the same bike!

I say keep it a give her a new mod, or sell it private then buy used 08-09. giving away you paid for bike for a gnII with a 7,000.00 balance is just crazy.

I used to be one of those Gen 1 owners who bashed the Gen II before I ever rode one, much less owned one.

Ask most of the EX Gen I owners here who now own a Gen II which is the better bike. And almost all of us will give you the same answer: Gen II :thumbsup:

I used to be one of those Gen 1 owners who bashed the Gen II before I ever rode one, much less owned one.

Ask most of the EX Gen I owners here who now own a Gen II which is the better bike. And almost all of us will give you the same answer: Gen II :thumbsup:

Stock vrs. stock, you are so correct. As soon as mods begin, the point begins to loose it's accuracy. Performance modified Gen I's and II's are on a pretty level playing field.

No-one here argues that the Gen 2 isn't a better bike. It's just ugly, is all.

It's just ugly, is all.

From 1999 until MAR 2010, I would have agreed with you 100%. :whistle:
But that changed after I rode my 08 home in APR 2010.
P.S. When my 08 went to Busa heaven, I actually looked at a few Gen 1s to replace it (specifically the white 06 LE or the 99 copper). But decided on a black 09 instead :beerchug:

Back