Gen 2 triple top clamp on gen 1?

Lucid

Registered
Mine is old, from 99 and either needs a powder coat or (preferably) just replace with gen 2 if possible. I've heard that gen 1 on 2 will engage the brake lever on full left (moving around garage), but 1) I have shorty Pazzo's and 2) this is gen 2 on a gen 1 bike, just to update the looks. I have the front lowered 1in via the triple spacer, if that matters.

i dont remember seeing a difference between the clamps. yes the gen 1 and gen 2 dash are different so maybe thats the only reasonone is hitting. u should be fine

Bought a mint one for $40, I'll try it out and let you guys know. Just little stuff to modernize our beloved Gen1s a bit.

Took 10mins. Swapped tonight and all seems fine. No clearance issues or anything. Haven't ridden it yet so we'll see 100% tomorrow but it seems like a straight swap. Looks more up to date too. :thumbsup:
Now I just need to find my black screw caps to clean it up even more. But I like the small change. Daytime pics to come.

Before:
IMG_0307.jpg

After:
IMG_0311.jpg

Took 10mins. Swapped tonight and all seems fine. No clearance issues or anything. Haven't ridden it yet so we'll see 100% tomorrow but it seems like a straight swap. Looks more up to date too. :thumbsup:
Now I just need to find my black screw caps to clean it up even more. But I like the small change. Daytime pics to come.

Sweet! It's a bolt in mod. Very nice! :thumbsup:

Lol I didn't weigh them or anything but I highly doubt it! But this is one of the parts I look at the most and it was an eyesore to me, so I did a cheap swap. There are a few things on all of our bikes (okay, most) that we swap out just for looks. Or for that matter, do we buy cleaning supplies and clean our bikes so that they'll go faster or just for looks? (250mph+ guys not included lol)

Back