Will suzuki be making any upgrades on 2013?

Jota69

Registered
I just sold my 06 limited today, I'm overseas right now and wont be back until around december next year. I really want to get a new busa when I go back but if suzuki doesnt come out with a new busa for 2013 I think I will just be getting a low mileage GEN 2 but I really want a brand new bike

I dont think so but who know what the bean counters have in there mind, remember there is a gap in years from not selling good alyeady..

I have the same question, where and when are the Gen 3 coming? I'm ready for one now as well. :please:

with the kaw patents showing their future plans for a supercharger on the 12, you can bet Suzuki is working on a big upgrade to counter it.

Either that, or they think they can sit on the busa's history and not need upgrades because the 12 is so ugly.

If the busa doesnt get an update for 2013 I dont think I will be buying a new one, and if I really want to get a new bike it wont be a busa, I like the upgrades that the zx14 got but its still an ugly bike and I will never get one. I might go for an S100RR or a ducati 1198 but I will allways be a busa fan and will get a new busa when the gen3 comes out, if it ever comes out

I dont think so but who know what the bean counters have in there mind, remember there is a gap in years from not selling good alyeady..

I think suzuki should have used that gap to come up with a Gen 3 instead of just new graphics, maybe the reason why they where not selling was because people got bored of it so if they will have upgraded it I'm sure sales would have gone up

If the busa doesnt get an update for 2013 I dont think I will be buying a new one, and if I really want to get a new bike it wont be a busa, I like the upgrades that the zx14 got but its still an ugly bike and I will never get one. I might go for an S100RR or a ducati 1198 but I will allways be a busa fan and will get a new busa when the gen3 comes out, if it ever comes out

I just ordered a 2012 S1000RR. The same old Busa with different paint doesn't cut it for me. I love my bike, but with the technological advancements offered elsewhere, I decided to go embrace them. Traction control, abs, awesome handling, 378 lbs dry and 193 crank hp... Not a really tough decision for me.

The 2012 graphics will last through to 2013 so I can't see a Gen 3 until at least 2014 and only then if the 14 hurts Busa sales figures.

I just ordered a 2012 S1000RR. The same old Busa with different paint doesn't cut it for me. I love my bike, but with the technological advancements offered elsewhere, I decided to go embrace them. Traction control, abs, awesome handling, 378 lbs dry and 193 crank hp... Not a really tough decision for me.

Sounds as if you were waiting for an upgrade to the GSX-R1000, not the Busa.

Zuk let the gen1 Busa stand on it rep way too long, I believe they will do the same with the gen 2 . All kawi has to do is wait till people get used to the looks and the public will start making it the big seller .

I love my Gen II, but really would like to get something that just blew the Kaw out of the water. Wife said i could get a brand new bike some day. That would be a fitting purchase in that reguards. Am looking forward to the GenIII whenever they choose to up the game. Take Kaw a 1441 to get an edge on us.. Ugly as they are, that is some major heritage on Zuk's part.

Zuk let the gen1 Busa stand on it rep way too long, I believe they will do the same with the gen 2 . All kawi has to do is wait till people get used to the looks and the public will start making it the big seller .

You ever date a girl because you finally got used to her looks? ???

Better hope they continue to make the Hayabusa period. The way Suzuki is dropping models lately, I'm wondering. They aren't even trying to compete. The Ninja 650 was putting some serious competition to the SV650 market, so did 'Zuk update and fight back? Nope, threw in the towel and just dropped the model. Instead of re-making the Bandit 1250 to compete with the CB1000 and Ninja 1000, Zuk just dropped that model too. If the new ZX-14R cuts the Busa sales figures, will they try to compete, or will the Busa go the way of the SV and Bandit?

If Suzuki don't get their act together soon I am gonna get a Charley-Davidson:D

I agree, Suzuki needs to get up to speed with there Hyper Sportbike. I would love to see a little more electronic technoligy such as, LED, coolant temp, mileage, miles till empty, and the most important an option for traction control which works as an anti wheelie device comparing the front wheel speed with the rear. This option would be awesome for when I want to go WOT and not have the front end lift past 3 inches!!
An electronic suspension control would be nice, this isnt breaking any new technoligy. Corvettes had this option for years, 3 modes soft firm and hard. HID bulbs standard would be nice!
But all these nice features cost money and the economy sucks at the moment unless you are a child of Obamas and taking advantage of the system.

Great Bike! Congrats. Let me know how your feeling after a 300 mile ride! :whistle:

Back