Newby to both Busa's and this forum...

If your jumping out of 2nd gear then you need to fix the gear/tranny. If your getting that done it requires you to pull the engine and disassemble everything to get to the trans. If your that far into the engine then the $1000 and up in labor (if someone else is doing the work) is best paid once,,,,, put the cams in this time with your 1397 kit while your in there. Break into the engine case once if you can swing the funds especially if since you already want to build the engine.

You don't need connecting arms with only 220 hp. Almost all stage 1 turbo guys just slap on a kit and have 240hp without going into the engine. However if I were doing a 1397 kit I would put in the Carillos or Wossener etc.

Plan what you want first then save to do it rite however long it takes.

:welcome: My gen 1 had 75k when i took it, for less than 1600 bucks.....dynoed nice and strong at 162.85.....ran it strong till 90k then blew it up after going what seemed like three turns on the tach.....never gave me a problem though..if you dont do what I did, she'll love you long time:laugh:

Welcome to the .org!! It's the greatest site for the 'Busa. I would have the tranny undercut and have the motor built to handle some boost. Boost is always better. :thumbsup:

I know, pics required but it will be a few days at the soonest. The carbon body came in today and it wasn't packed properly...scratched bad enough to think it had been sanded.

I plan on putting it back together long enough to find out exactly what all needs work then getting the trans done. If it runs OK, it will probably stay stock(ish) for the summer. That will give me enough time to decide between big bore/boost or both. I am not a bottle baby, you don't have a fast bike when the bottle is dry. (:poke:no offence to those who use NO2, just not my style!) I am still leaning toward the 1397 kit w/cams and some head work.

Anyone have any long term useage reports on a big bore kit for a daily rider? Will it reduce the longevity a significant amount? In my Porsche experience, welded cams are nowhere near the quality of billet cams but it appears that the exact opposite is true for Busa' cams?

Thanks,

Dave

Welcome to the group Dave, enjoy and let us know what we can do for you..

Back