I'd say the situation here i quite different than you...

At the opposite, here people tend to be more curious and respectful at the Busa than other sportbikes...

I've never had anybody give me an attitude or anything, not that i have noticed anyway!

race.gif
Same here. In Popeye's Chicken on Tuesday this guy walked up to me and just asked "is that a hayabusa?". I said yeah. That was that. I get waves from all bikers in my area. I see more cruisers than anything and everyone is cool on the road. I think in my area it's a known "thing" that all bikers wave to each other... and I think that's pretty cool. When I move to LA, CA later in the year I expect things to be different because LA is full of gixxer riders who do stunts and also stuck up a55holes.

I guess some people see a guy on a busa and think he's a jerk... just like how some people see a guy in a beamer or vette and think the same thing. I dunno... I only judge pricks who drive Mustangs because most of them speed and drive like maniacs.
I live in SoCal and have not seen these " stuck up a$$holes " that you speak of. what part of the city do you frequent ?

What sort of prejudice are you talking about? Do other bikers think you're stuck up for having a busa? What do you mean? Thanks.
Well when you meet them on the road and they're in the 'opposite lane' they wave or return a wave(some dont)....but most all that I have met in parkin lots or at red lights are pretty much stuck on themselves....(with exception of a few friends of mine that ride sport bikes)

One of my friends told me about 6 months ago that the reason that most sportbike riders are this way is because of the Busa's Reputation, and they dont like gettin left behind...(HaHaHa!!) I can assure all y'all...I am one of the nicest people to meet on the road, Hell, I just love to ride. And I chose to ride a 'Busa....thats my story and I'm stickin to it.

At the opposite, here people tend to be more curious and respectful at the Busa than other sportbikes...

I've never had anybody give me an attitude or anything, not that i have noticed anyway!

race.gif
Well, what I have mainly witnessed every since I got the Busa is that 85% of the sport bike riders ( of which 65% of those ride with shorts, tank tops, and flip flops) Talk about how heavy, cumbersome, and useless it is because you cant really do tricks on a Busa.....(Imagine that)
My reply to them, lately, is that "Well, first of all, I see the Busa as the Lamborghini of Sport bikes....And You dont go buy a Lambo nor a ferrari and do stoppies, wheelies, endo's and jumps..etc, etc...you just go out and eat up miles and miles of road." This usually takes the wind out of their sails......I never approach anyone with an attitude, and this prejudiced view that I recieve is mainly from sportbike riders

<!--EDIT|FasterGun
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152301609 -->

race.gif
Same here. In Popeye's Chicken on Tuesday this guy walked up to me and just asked "is that a hayabusa?". I said yeah. That was that. I get waves from all bikers in my area. I see more cruisers than anything and everyone is cool on the road. I think in my area it's a known "thing" that all bikers wave to each other... and I think that's pretty cool. When I move to LA, CA later in the year I expect things to be different because LA is full of gixxer riders who do stunts and also stuck up a55holes.

I guess some people see a guy on a busa and think he's a jerk... just like how some people see a guy in a beamer or vette and think the same thing. I dunno... I only judge pricks who drive Mustangs because most of them speed and drive like maniacs.
I live in SoCal and have not seen these " stuck up a$$holes " that you speak of. what part of the city do you frequent ?
Camp Pendleton is down south on the beach... not the heart of Hollywood or Beverly Hills (where the stuck up a55holes live). I lived in LA for most of my adult life (where I rode my Katana 600 everyday). I've seen it all first hand.

race.gif
Well, what I have mainly witnessed every since I got the Busa is that 85% of the sport bike riders ( of which 65% of those ride with shorts, tank tops, and flip flops) Talk about how heavy, cumbersome, and useless it is because you cant really do tricks on a Busa.....(Imagine that)
My reply to them, lately, is that "Well, first of all, I see the Busa as the Lamborghini of Sport bikes....And You dont go buy a Lambo nor a ferrari and do stoppies, wheelies, endo's and jumps..etc, etc...you just go out and eat up miles and miles of road." This usually takes the wind out of their sails......I never approach anyone with an attitude, and this prejudiced view that I recieve is mainly from sportbike riders
I think that's jealously talking... they can only afford insurance on a gixxer and not a busa and are whining because they can do a stoppie but not pass you on the road!

What sort of prejudice are you talking about? Do other bikers think you're stuck up for having a busa? What do you mean? Thanks.
Well when you meet them on the road and they're in the 'opposite lane' they wave or return a wave(some dont)....but most all that I have met in parkin lots or at red lights are pretty much stuck on themselves....(with exception of a few friends of mine that ride sport bikes)

One of my friends told me about 6 months ago that the reason that most sportbike riders are this way is because of the Busa's Reputation, and they dont like gettin left behind...(HaHaHa!!) I can assure all y'all...I am one of the nicest people to meet on the road, Hell, I just love to ride. And I chose to ride a 'Busa....thats my story and I'm stickin to it.
I'm one of the nicest people you'll meet on the road, too... ditto to what you said.

race.gif

Camp Pendleton is down south on the beach... not the heart of Hollywood or Beverly Hills (where the stuck up a55holes live). I lived in LA for most of my adult life (where I rode my Katana 600 everyday). I've seen it all first hand.
I’m stationed on Pendleton I don’t live on it. I grew up in Garden Grove and Fullerton. I teach MSF in Anaheim.

Welcome, and nice bike you got there FG. I live in a pretty laid back area; most all bikers are cool and most wave back. What cracks me up is the kids. I can't pass a car full without a bunch of "wheelie" signs. Gotta love the little maniacs.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|Un-Caged
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152413246 -->

-Is it just me or does this happen to anyone else??
I have owned my busa for a few months, and find myself looking for reasons to hop on it and go....It like some crazy sort of addiction. I do alot of riding by myself, out on lonely two lanes... Have to keep look out for Farmer Brown on the tractor pullin the hay baler...(it's east texas) ALWAYS take the long way home, and the LOOONG road to work....

Even when I had some cruiser, or my DL1000, or the gixxr 600....I was never so pre occupied with a bike....

Perhaps, maybe, IT OWNS ME???

(<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'></span>I wonder if they have a 1-800# for this sort of affliction???<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'></span>)

<!--EDIT|FasterGun
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152570890 -->

I ride mine whenever I get the chance. After dinner I'm going to take it out again...

Back