Newbie to your Busa "World"

(nitrousjunkie @ Dec. 29 2006,19:00) Congrats and welcome,you got a deal!  
beerchug.gif
+1 Welcome
post-52-02136-welcome.gif

newbie.gif
ukliam3.gif

WELCOME , Dent doctor or paintless dent removal can get 2 dents out but the tight one on the crease of tank he wont be able to without breaking paint. Right side fairing sticker no big deal remove and replace with new one. Nice bike !! Have fun!!
smile.gif

to the board. When putting your busa on the kickstand, make sure the bike is in first gear and let it roll foreward untill all the slack is out of the driveline. As long as the bike can't move foreward you should not have a problem with it coming off the kickstand. You will want to check the chain adjustment as the chain will loosen up during the first few hundred miles. Several posts you can use as reference on how to remove the plastics for oil changes and other maint. How long have you been riding? Is the busa your first bike? Glad to have you with us.
beerchug.gif

Got through manual on removal- was able to get the panel off slowly and gently without crapping my pants.  Radiator line passes through affected area as stated by CAp (good call). Not sure if paint was affected.  Don't really want to remove decal to verify.  Taking the "peace of mind advice"; I'll just take her into the Suzuki dealer before I hit my 600 schedualed check up, that'll be my first ride.
Tank bra.....Hmmmm...
wink.gif
 I'm living with the fact she ain't a Perl Limited, guess I could live with a bra till I can get it fixed / replaced.   "All hail the Great White"
bowdown.gif

Been riding since my military days back in 89',  Got about nine years under my belt, been off the scene for a few years.  First sport and Liter bike.  I shall respect this machine....its' reputation demands it I think.

ImIT.JPG

Welcome aboard. If you don't know how to fix it up from this board, it ain't fixable. Seriously!

Congrats on the new bike. With a little love from you, it'll be everything you could dream it would be.

--Wag--

As far as getting the duct tape residue off, try using a product called "goof off." I had a similar problem with one of my prior bikes, and this worked well. It did not damage the windscreen. You should be able to get this at a Home Depot or Lowes.

(1BadAssBusa @ Dec. 30 2006,00:52) As far as getting the duct tape residue off, try using a product called "goof off."  I had a similar problem with one of my prior bikes, and this worked well.  It did not damage the windscreen.  You should be able to get this at a Home Depot or Lowes.
+1... and

Hey welcome to both you and your new bike.

Just a suggestion - GPW and CloudNine are both fantastic to work with in terms of parts and such. I strongly recommend using them if you have to buy parts.

I love that color scheme. You got a great deal in my opinion. Hope to see all the nip/tuck work completed and posted here so we can all oooh - aahhh over it.

Thanks to all for the welcome cheers.

Attempting to find either the GPW or CloudNine parts outlet on the web. RocketMan- can you throw me a bone with an web address? I'm really wanting to just replace tank and right lower sticker.
Gonna look up a "Dent Doctor" to see what he can do for me first. My brother is a painter that sprays the big rigs (SemiS). Hes' asking about a color code referance for each years color a paint shop would refer to. He says its a registered color code that goes with each model / year. You all ever heard of such?
I've seen a bra on the web somewhere with a single busa logo embroidered in the front. Anybody know such a distributor. Looked up the suggested site for bras, left a email for some pictures and prices on there, was hoping to get a quicker idea.
Thanks again.

welcome to the .org
beerchug.gif

Cloud Nine
you might also want to check with and StreetNTrackImport Links Gone
Redline Stands are good stands and can be purchased through mrcycles also
hope this helps

Back