Newbie to your Busa "World"

RedFalco

Donating Member
Registered
Wife bought me a XMAS gift off Ebay for XMAS...
Envied the '06 Limited since my eyes connected to it.  But this ol marroon is starting to grow on me.
Bike has 132 miles on it and really has been miss treated.   Three dents in tank due to unknowns.  Can they be fixed or buy new?  Prior owner loved to hear bike idle for prolonged periods of time causing the lower right decal over header pipes to blister.  Can these decals be purchased seperately?  Prior owner had stuck ducktape to the windscreen to hold on for sale sign. Eyehhhh.  Whats the best agent to use without discoloring windscreen?    My goal is to have it up to showroom condition over this winter for my first summer ride.  
My apologies if these are redundant questions as my read is only on page one of this forum.   Kick Stand mod and Glove journal took me for a 2 day "enjoyable" read.
I'll post more pics of said defects shortly.
Thank you!!

Copy_of_RedFalco1.JPG

Welcome....if the Rt lower sticker blistered...then the plastic is rubbing somehow...... Bike looks stock so I don't understand why the plastic is rubbing. Prior owner may have removed plastic for some reason may required to be adjusted or something. I would take it apart and poke around. definately change your oil.....who knows what else is wrong with the bike.

you can get the stickers at the local Suzuki shop.

Keep the questions coming.

As far as the tank goes....you gotta ask a paint and body guy that question. unless you post up some pics.

DD

Nice looking scoot. For the tape try "Goo-Gone"... that stuff is amazing. As far as dents in the tank, post some pics...
Only 132 miles.... nice, but (and sorry for being cynical here) why was it being sold? Any chance she had been down?

Anyway, welcome!

Blistering by header: The plastic itself is not melting or blistering, just the decal.

Copy_of_Bubble1.JPG

Blistering ; Different angle, The plastic itself is not melting or blistering, just the decal.

Copy_of_Bubble2.JPG

Prolly fixable....but it will require a bit of bondo......

I would replace...if the funds are available.

DD

with the dented tank and plastic melting....leads me to think that the bike has been down.

definately do a good inspection and check all your bolt torques and look for anything outta wack!

Was a soilder in IRAQ back for a 2 month leave when he sold it to us. Wanted to sell before he left as the bike was stored in his garage. He believes that the damage was done in his garage either from the truck parked next to it (door ding) or something falling on it. He documented the mileage before and after his IRAQ assignment and doesn't feel that it was rode out of a mistrusting roomie. Personally, I think he was very scared of the bike as it was his first bike he ever owned. Just off the damage alone, I was able to "steel" the bike for 7,400.
XMAS morning, before reading the Kickstand "MUST DO" mod, the bike was parked in gear (all the way forward), steering locked to left, thought I was "all good". Brought my 130lb Dolberman in from his daily "feet wash" (before he comes inside) and I went for his towel on the otherside of the bike to have him attempt to follow me nugging the bike from behind causing it to tip on my leg. Bike tipped onto a neighboring gas can (metal) transfering the paint from the can to the black and decal portion of the LEFT side. My leg broke most of the fall and I found out the hard way as to how much this beast really weighs. Fixable?

kickdamage.JPG

Wow! All fixable, but there may be more to the story of why it was sold. Congrats on the bike though. The bike will definitely teach you a few things.
super.gif

Yep, all fixable or easily replaced with a little cash...congrats on your Busa and welcome to the org!
smile.gif

As you may tell, I tried to use a polishing/cleaning compond for clear coats (by hand), took some of the red out the black. Was considering using another "suggested" compound with the use of a buffing wheel on my Dremel. Advisable?
Had my buddy (10R owner) do a good look through to detect any damage caused by a downed inncident. No evidance. There is what appears to be a ding coming from the inside out on the same side as the dents on the tank. Thinking it may have been "resting" on something when stored. I'll try and take a picture of it tonight.
I know nothing of this bike but its reputation, so as far a taking off plastics and poking around, can't follow you on that one. On page 4 of owners manual. Is there a shop manual available for these bikes?
Thanks for putting up with the "newbee" questions.

Why sold: Owner was going on another 6 to 12 month tour to IRAQ and did'nt want to keep it stored suffering the potential of more damage. He also concluded that he wanted to purchase a harley on his return back from his future assignment next year. Reasoning as to why I think he was scared of the bike.
Want to get the bike off the ground for general maintanence and detailing. Is it best to purchase both front and rear as a package? Recommended brands? Read a topic on frame slidders mushrooming when torque'd, want to get solid black sliders, recommended brands?
Probably on page 3 or 4 of this forum... I'll shut up now and start reading...
Thanks again!!
Rear:

rer.JPG

You may not have to buy stands as a package, but that is convienient - best is to get a front and rear so that you can get her completely off the ground.

Not sure what you mean by framesliders mushrooming when torqued... but they are definately a good idea. (just my .02)

The dent is any ones guess, the blistering is from the radiator, how many of us have left our bikes running while sitting still and had the bike get hot. I had the very same thing begin to happen on my 2000 busa.... The fluid comes out and the heat will pass through the plastic to the paint and decals. I would just send em to the paint shop.... A little sanding and some primer and they will be good as new.... PAINT WILL HELP TOO
smile.gif

Welcome to the site...

CAp

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
 Congrats on the bike...and at a great price I may add.

All seems fixable.  If a trustworthy shop does your repair go ahead and have them give it a once over to for piece of mind.

Here is a link to the manual.

welcome, nice purchase.
the dents just might be fixable.
first thing is look in the phone book for dent doctor. they can get the small dents like this out. at the body shop we could but in the end the cost would be about the same as replacing it. dent doctor will be cheaper than a paint and body shop.and they can pull the dent. it might crack the paint. hopefully its not too deep of a dent.

Back