Newbie Question

Bubba42003

Registered
I've been looking around at Hayabusa's for about 6 months. I've got a 04' cbr600rr. I'm looking between 01' - 06' what would you guys concider to many miles? i've found 8,000- 27,000 miles what is a good average?

Ask for maintanence records. Those miles are not bad if she was taken care of. Any leaks, rash, tires, chain, lights, etc? Welcome to the oRg. :beerchug:

That number of miles is nothing on a well taken care of Busa. I would ask how those miles were achieved (daily commute, track, etc.) and what the maintenance record has been.

My 05 has 35K miles on it now and is in perfect condition. I've seen busas with 5K miles on them that did not run or look as good as mine. It just depends on how they were taken care of, but I would rather have a higher mile bike that was ridden and cared for than a low milage bike that was not maintained!

My 05 has 35K miles on it now and is in perfect condition. I've seen busas with
5K miles on them that did not run or look as good as mine. It just depends on how they were taken care of, but I would rather have a higher mile bike that was ridden and cared for than a low milage bike that was not maintained!

+1 Mine only has 34K though :)
Posted via Mobile Device

I know a guy that rode his 80k in the first four years of its life and thats pulling some little trailer and his wife on board most of the time. My old bike has 50k on it now and I rode the p-far out of that bike including many track days with back to back to back runs and I wwheelied it on a regular basis also, sit downs standups. These bikes really hold up well.

No such thing as too many miles with a Hayabusa if, it's been taken care of.:thumbsup: Ask the usual buyers questions and look it over real good.??? There are plenty of them out there so find a clean one with say.....less than 15,000 miles and you should be good.:beerchug:

my 07 has 20k. it just depends on the bike and your budget. there are alot of busas out there with alot of miles that look and run great

Back