Hayabusa lowering question

mattcoolyo

Registered
So I want to lower my 01 busa I've been doing some looking around for a new top clamp. So here's the deal I've seen some say they fit 99-13 and some say 08-13 and some say 99-07 so my question is are top clamps on a gen 1 and gen 2 busa the same thanks!

I believe the fork tube dia is the same...so it would be a direct swap...pm a sponsor or wait for a few more comments before you place an order.

The 99-07 clamp only fits the 99-07. The ignition switch is different and the bars sit out a little farther since the distance between the upper fairing stay is wider on the Gen 1. You can use a Gen2 aftermarket clamp on any Gen 1 you just have to screw the ignition switch underneath the clamp as you would a Gen 2. The problem is always finding the right clamp to work on a Gen 2. Most of them put the bars out too far and the levers hit the upper fairing....not cool at full lock to the right when it applies your brake....lol. But you can pretty much use any clamp on the Gen 1

"the bars sit out a little farther since the distance between the upper fairing stay is wider on the Gen 1."

I don't quite understand this. I'm going from a Gen 1 to a Gen 2. Is the bar reach the same on the two, or which one has the bars closer to rider in stock form, Gen 1 or Gen 2? I figured they would be the same.

Back