Newbie Here in TX w/ pics

CarGoWOT

Registered
Hey everyone, I just wanted to formally introduce myself to the site and all of it's members.
I have had my 05 R6 since 06 and I sold it today, so on monday I am picking up a used 06 Hayabusa (The one I always dreamed of)! Well I am a student at Texas State and I am 21 years old 145 lbs. So I hope I am making the right decision on upgrading to a bigger bike. Might I say the King of all bikes. Yes I only weigh 145 but I am 6'2 almost so I should be able to hold the bike up. I just outgrew my R6 and since I got all A's this year I am rewarding myself to a Busa. I took the safety course before I bought my R6 and I ride just about every day to school and back, so I think I am a pretty experienced rider. I know people are going to look at me weird for being a skinny person on an airplane. Can anyone relate?

I enjoy doing mods like exhaust, c/f, HIDs and appearance mods to make the bike look cleaner. So does any one have recommendations on which mods I should do to start out with?
Eventually down the road I might get it stretched or even turbo'd

Last edited by a moderator:
:welcome: to the org, and grats on your new ride. First thing you are going to notice (after coming from the R6) is initially how heavy the busa feels, especially when picking it up off the side stand. However, once you get her moving she sheds the "heavy" feel really well. Also you will actually feel power/torque in the lower RPMs, instead of having to wring its neck like the R6. Just be careful and take your time getting the feel of the busa, and you will be fine. Grats on getting good grades, and as far as mods go it's totally up to you how you cusomize your own ride. I see alotta peeps on here going with HIDs and slip-ons pretty much outta the box. :thumbsup:

D

:welcome: and congrats!:beerchug:

As for 1st mods a good place to start if it doesn't already have them are SS brake lines and upgraded pads. HIDs if you do any night riding.

:welcome: Good choice you'll love it i had a 06 R6 for a year before i swoped over to the 06 Busa and i love it

Back