newb on a gixxer

sad.gif

My deepest condolences to the family! RIP Knowbody needs to take blame for what happened.

I sorry to say this but I see these post all the time and everyone blames the bike and nobody blames the rider for making a mistake and riding beyond his skills. You can die just the same riding a 250 ninja or a gsxr1000 if you go into a turn too fast and don't have the skills to recover. Unless something mechnical happened to the bike it was all rider error. Again I 'm sorry for the loss to the family.
sad.gif

Thankyou everyone for your condolences for his family i had never rode with him only his father and if the son was anything like his father he was a good man..................... they will see this thread and i am sure it will bring some comfort to them

Thankyou again so much for your prayers..............................rob

They should just put 1000 decals on 600 biked for newb riders w/out telling them...they wouldn't know the diff. and probably be relieved they weren't on a 1000 being told after having some time riding a 600.

Very sorry to hear about this. My condolances to the families. Very Sad.

Very sad  
sad.gif

I don't believe in the cc restrictions for new riders, I just don't think it'll work.  

No sense in making blanket rules to try and protect the few that can't make good decisions.  All that does is punish those that do make good decisions.

I'm not saying the son made any bad decisions, just responding to a reply that supports cc restrictions on new riders.

I believe in education and training.  Make good training programs mandatory in obtaining licenses and licenses mandatory for purchasing bikes.  But we all have to realize, this is a dangerous sport and people are always going to die or get seriously hurt.

(Charlesbusa @ Jul. 31 2007,16:11) Very sad  
sad.gif

I don't believe in the cc restrictions for new riders, I just don't think it'll work.  

No sense in making blanket rules to try and protect the few that can't make good decisions.  All that does is punish those that do make good decisions.

I'm not saying the son made any bad decisions, just responding to a reply that supports cc restrictions on new riders.

I believe in education and training.  Make good training programs mandatory in obtaining licenses.  But we all have to realize, this is a dangerous sport and people are always going to die or get seriously hurt.
well said sir after i said that it occured to me that it is just going to come down to poor decisions made while riding all these bikes are fast

your right man, its just dangerous at times and thats where some years in the saddle will pay off and a good place to start is education and training.............

SAD STORY...but i dont agree with "HAVEING" to buy a certain anything...."free country"...right? my first bike was the one i ride now...my beloved BUSA...you could just as easily get killed on a smaller bike.its the maturity and discipline of the rider when you come down to it...just my opinion,but i'll be damned is someone esp the goverment tells me how i can spend my money

Back