• Dodge RAM 1500 5,7L Crew Cab

Votes: 29 18.1%
  • Ford F150 5,4L SuperCrew

Votes: 37 23.1%

• Total voters

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
I'm buying a new truck in a couple fo weeks, would like to see what members think. It will be a V8 with full double cab.

I had a V8 Tundra company truck before, did not even replace a light-bulb at 100,000 miles. Then I bought my own V8 Tundra in 06, no problems, love it.

So I'm leaning towards the new Tundra, but perhaps with GM and Chrysler issues there may be some really good deals going?

Decisions....

There will be VERY good deals since Chrysler dealers were stuck with inventory. You might be able to find a ram dirt cheap... of course its not a Tundra by any means, but for the money it might suffice nicely.

Love my Toyota 5.7 Crew Cab. I had Fords and Chevy before this and they just don't compare now. I'll never go back unless I need a diesel.

I voted dodge,I own one and with all the dodge dealer's closing there will be alot of truck's to chose from.

I love my Avalanche and there is nothing I would rather own. I'm going to drive it till it falls apart. I can convert mine to an astounding 8.5Ft of bed with the rear seat folded down. And we're not talking screwball half storage, we're talking full size bed.

AV1.jpg

Last edited:
Dodge here. Drove a toyota truck once and thought it was the cheapest thing ever made. The supercharger kicked in about 3/4 of a second after you needed it to kick in and the tactile feel was just not doing it for me.

I had a '95 Dodge Dakota 4x4 with the 5.2L and put 150,000 on the original clutch and the engine is still going strong. I now have a '03 Ram 2500 4x4 with the Cummins TD and it runs great, pulls houses and feels solid doing it.

The Chrysler bankruptcy would have me thinking twice now before I buy another Dodge tho.

I love my Avalanche and there is nothing I would rather own. I'm going to drive it till it falls apart. I can convert mine to an astounding 8.5Ft of bed with the rear seat folded down. And we're not talking screwball half storage, we're talking full size bed.

That looks nice! I wish I could afford a truck, I work for Nissan and only get to drive the Titans/Frontiers to the gas station to fill them up! :laugh:

I've owned my 05 Ram since new. Coming from someone that grew up on chevy, I wouldn't trade it for anything. Very comfy, plenty of power, and not too bad of gas milage. But hey, its a V8. I can leave my house in GA and get into VA. Roughly about 400 miles. Loaded with all the family, our luggage, bike and trailer.

I've owned, operated, and serviced my share of all three major auto manufacturer model pickups; half to one tons, gas and diesel. I have yet to find a half ton truck to out perform the Tundra 5.7. You've had history with Toyota and you are aware of their track record. In my business, general contractor, machinery costs are figured on a five to seven year depreciation before renewal. The performance of the Toyota has far exceeded my expectation in no/low operational and maintenance costs of all the other trucks I've owned and used. Based on the undermining of quality over profits exercised by the big three in the last decade, you couldn't give me a big three vehicle with all the anticipated expenses, etc., and especially with all the sub contracted part providers competing in an already tough market. Too much compromise for trying to stay in business. Really have much more to say, but then that would be thread jackin', soap boxin', blah, blah, blah....:whistle:

I was going to post this very poll except w/ out the Dodge. It is off my list. I would like to know why owners chose their specific truck & any issues you may have experienced too. Maybe you are psychic:poke:

I am leaning toward the Tundra too. I have 7 1/2 years working in service for Lexus - Toyota makes a great product.

Last edited:
I love Dodge Trucks, and Chevy makes a good truck, but last time I was out shopping the Toyota just floored me.

They've got the details down like no one else...

Chevy. I Have a 96 Vette with 90k on it and I beat the living s**t out of it. I also have a Silverado SS. I bought the Silverado because I live in New England and its All Wheel Drive. The 6.0L is an LS based engine meaning that the new Corvette parts fit on it. For under 2k its over 500 H.P. You can pick those up with low miles for around 17k. And one more thing. When my friend bought his Tundra, he heard rumors that it was faster than an SS. 70-110 and the SS is faster. I also beat an 07 Mustang today, but those are easy.:beerchug:

My father in law has a Tundra with the 5.7 in it and he absolutely loves it. Fit and finish is excellent on it from what I have seen, and the cab is VERY quiet inside. Also, it's very comfortable to be in for long periods of time.

Funny this is brought up. I just went to the Toyota store and looked at the Tundra......NO 8' bed, unless you pick the standard cab, HUH? Guess their skinny little frame rails can't take it. I drive a F350 Super duty Diesel, 2006.
I bought it for retirement, to pull a 20,000 lb 5'er. Well, my retirement is in someone's toilet, so I thought I would look into getting a 150 size rig. I won't own anything Chrysler and had a Chevy rattle trap a few years ago. I'll be looking at the new 150. If you want a TRUCK, buy a FORD.

Ron

Back