truck guys.....

tbonebusa

Donating Member
Registered
I'm thinking of changing companies in the next couple weeks, and will give up my F350 crew cab dually that comes with the current job. I'm leaning toward picking up a new f150, they look good to me, and are rated to tow up to 9500 lbs, which is enough for the new position. Anyone driving one of these? Opinions/input?

It's not a GMC
biggrin.gif

I've never been real "brand loyal" one way or the other...I've owned pretty much every major brand out, and the new Ford is getting some pretty good press. I've had 3 f350's now, all pretty good trucks, and I had a 91 Chev that was an absolute sweetheart of a vehicle.....135k miles with ZERO problems, still had the original clutch and rear brakes when I traded her in...that was a good truck!

Sorry But the New F150's are the Cats ass... But I duuno about as a work truck... BUT at least they still look um... Well good... The Chevy an GMC's have gotten freaky ugly over the last few years... Just Nasty...

But really I would also Check into the Full size Toyota with the V-8.... Good Motor Mojo right there...

But it's Hard to go wrong with Chevy/GMC trucks ride quality... I love the way they ride. But man... So So Asthetically Challenged.... It's like they cut the Aztec designer loose and he snuck into the Truck line.....

And what about the Dodge.............Does that thing got a hemi in it?

This could solve all your problems... GMC HAS 0% Financing for up to 72 months right now.... Well at least in this region... Could make your decision a lot easier...

I have own Fords, Chevy's, Pontiacs, GMC's and so far the Chevy's and GMC's for me lasted the best, have been real work horses, and when it came time to do anything on them they were the easiest to work on.

Well......I bought a Ford last night. Went to "auto row", drove 'em all.....and the new f150 really outshines the others, IMHO. The interior on this truck is awesome......feels like an expensive euro sedan....and really sealed the deal for me. The Dodge has got a monster motor, for sure, but the ride and handling was the most "trucklike" of the three. The Chevy was nice, too, but I have to agre with Rev.....it's ugly. Ford and Chev both had 0% financing, but the new company is basically gonna make the payment, so that didn't matter much to me. I got a supercrew lariat, every option, with the 5.4 liter 3 valve engine, 300 hp. The only thing I don't like is the "drive by wire" throttle, throttle response seems kinda vague, and the tranny takes a second to find the right gear on a full throttle kickdown at about 45 or 50 mph. But the guy at the Truck performance store next to one of my boat stores says a Power Commander/superchips programmer will solve all that and pick up an extra 20 hp or so. I'll install that asap. She's rated to tow 9500 lbs, which is pretty respectable compared to 1/2 ton trucks of just a couple years back. After driving f350 crewcab longbed dually 4x's the last 5 years, this thing feels like sports car! I'll get some pics up asap.

Thanks for the input!

TBone

Don't listen to these guys - the GM trucks are SCHIT with a capital S.  Guys up here in the oil fields are all running Fords and Dodges cause the chev's can't take the abuse and are in the shop all the time. Chev makes a damn good engine but they don't have a durable enough body to make it worth buying.  The Dodge is the best looking but if you want a workhorse - can't beat Ford.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|banditoo
Reason for Edit: None given...|1096586366 -->

Well......I bought a Ford last night. Went to "auto row", drove 'em all.....and the new f150 really outshines the others, IMHO. The interior on this truck is awesome......feels like an expensive euro sedan....and really sealed the deal for me. The Dodge has got a monster motor, for sure, but the ride and handling was the most "trucklike" of the three. The Chevy was nice, too, but I have to agre with Rev.....it's ugly. Ford and Chev both had 0% financing, but the new company is basically gonna make the payment, so that didn't matter much to me. I got a supercrew lariat, every option, with the 5.4 liter 3 valve engine, 300 hp. The only thing I don't like is the "drive by wire" throttle, throttle response seems kinda vague, and the tranny takes a second to find the right gear on a full throttle kickdown at about 45 or 50 mph. But the guy at the Truck performance store next to one of my boat stores says a Power Commander/superchips programmer will solve all that and pick up an extra 20 hp or so. I'll install that asap. She's rated to tow 9500 lbs, which is pretty respectable compared to 1/2 ton trucks of just a couple years back. After driving f350 crewcab longbed dually 4x's the last 5 years, this thing feels like sports car! I'll get some pics up asap.

Thanks for the input!

TBone
Cool.
My wife drives the '02 Supercrew Lariat 4x4 with the 5.4 and VCR. We were looking at the new F150, but liked the F250 better. We really like the Chevy 2500 HD Silverado just a tiny bit better, because you can get heated seats, (which is currently useless in Cali); memory seat adjustment, radio selection, and a bunch of other stuff programmed to each key and fob, plus a few other extras that Ford doesn't offer.

We have a new Dodge diesel with 400 ponies in it, and 760lbs of torque.....It actually puts down about 30' of rubber in third gear while pulling 11,000 lbs behind it.
Nothing at all like the tq of a modded diesel truck.
Next step will be over 500 hp and 950 tq....crazy the power you can make with these things.....have a friend that's currently at nearly 600hp and 1300tq still with a single turbo.......blows heavy smoke on acceleration though, and a little just driving around town too.....typical big hp diesel trait.

I own a F450 dually 7.3 diesel and love the thing... No its not a business truck I'm just known for over kill.. What can I say I ride a busa right... Hey come to think of it your all known for a little over kill too!! hehehe

I am brand loyal and love my Chevy ('01 Suburban). Now I must say that the F150s are a nice lookin' truck. My brother just purchased one a few months ago. But as things go, I'm NOT a pick up truck person. I'm more the SUV type.

No More MonsterSpeedFreak?
rock.gif
Pisser MSF.... Outlaw Cycle Yours Though???

Anyway, My Uncle Jerry bought an 03 Dodge Dually with a Cummings Turbo and Apparantly has been tweaking it.. I still find it funny, I mean it's just unexpected. A big ass Diesel Dually spinning it's tires is not something you expect... Thus far he has installed a fresh air Intake, an oversized exhaust, a fuel map computer thing (PowerCommander Type thing?), and he mentioned something about Propane, but I can only assume that's for Tailgating at Mile High Stadium or something quick disconnect BBQ Grill or something.... Anyway I figure what the hell, tuning and tinkering is what folks do, be it car, bike, or Diesel Truck... He's pleased, and I wan't to see this thing, sounds like a monster. Big ass (Crew Cab? 4-Door) Dualie from hell. He does a lot of towing so it least it makes sense..

MSF Had some photos somewhere of a Big ole' Diesel Truck pulling the left front off the ground....

Anyway, I thought I had a point... Apparantly not...

Tbone Congrats on the New Truck, I was reading about em' and they sound nice as hell...

Back