My new hauler...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
Let me tell you, owning a house and only having a car sucks. You're forever needing to haul something that won't fit into a car, whether it's hauling stuff home that you've bought, or hauling off stuff you're throwing out. Anyway, I stood it as long as I could stand it without a truck. I finally broke down and sold the old paid off Maxima so I could get back into a truck. Thanks to the current "employee pricing plus $2500" in addition to even better pricing from a friend of the family who owns a dealership I am now the PROUD new owner of a black '05 Dodge Dakota Club Cab SLT with the 4.7L Magnum V8 and everything else I was looking for except maybe leather, which wasn't a deal breaker. Thanks to the family friend I got this one out the door cheaper than other dealers would sell me a V6 with basically the only options being power windows and locks.
super.gif

Anyway, the truck is perfect for me. It's not too small or too big, it's got V8 power, and it looks super friggin' sweet! I'm loving this thing so far.
wink.gif

Here are a few pre-Zaino pics.
biggrin.gif
Don't hold your breath for the Zaino-ized pics though. With my work schedule and a set of ss front brake lines laying here to put on the 636 it may be a week or two before I have time to detail the truck.
wink.gif
As you can see, the "New Black Vehicle" curse is the same as the "New Bike" and the well known "New Busa" curse. Yep, it was raining when they delivered it to me.
drooling3.gif

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

wink.gif

cool. maybe a Vortech or Paxton soon to come..? High 400 hp Kawi hauler.

cool. maybe a Vortech or Paxton soon to come..? High 400 hp Kawi hauler.
Nah, the truck payment will mean I won't have as much play money now. Any mad mod money will have to go on the bike, of course.
wink.gif
Hell, a cool cage still isn't as sweet as an average sport bike anyway. You know that.
biggrin.gif

Yea, I hear ya, but also know ya!!
biggrin.gif
Seriously, cool truck. I was considering one with all the discounts. The one I really want (F-250 super duty diesel) is pure overkill.

Yea, I hear ya, but also know ya!!
biggrin.gif
Seriously, cool truck. I was considering one with all the discounts. The one I really want (F-250 super duty diesel) is pure overkill.
Well, if money wasn't a problem I would probably have gotten a new F150 extended cab. Unfortunately it would cost more than my house payment if I got anything more than a work truck with rubber floor and manual everything.
wink.gif

And yeah, you know me pretty well. I had actually thought about seeing if Borla makes a cat-back system for the Dak. The stock exhaust is just a bit too quiet for a V8, ya know?
biggrin.gif
I had a Borla system on my 98 Trans Am and that thing sounded SWEET!

biggrin.gif

Borla would be sweet. Theres also Gibson. They sound good as well. Thanks for the heads up on the damper.

Borla would be sweet. Theres also Gibson. They sound good as well. Thanks for the heads up on the damper.
I almost went with a Gibson on my GMC truck that I ended up selling before building my house. Just never seen any feedback from anyone that actually had a Gibson system on anything.
rock.gif

I almost went with a Gibson on my GMC truck that I ended up selling before building my house. Just never seen any feedback from anyone that actually had a Gibson system on anything.
rock.gif
And since I can't seem to find the freakin' edit button I'll post again to say...

No problem on the damper feedback.
wink.gif

Nice. In the future I am planning on getting a pickup as well.

congrats on the new truck.
cool.gif
This discount thing is killing me. I want a new truck.
down.gif

Nice addition to the family, Chris! It is the best color in my opinion.

Back