New to the oRg

Slam_Fire

Registered
Good day! I own a Gen I and a Gen II Busa (2004 & 2008), both purchased new.

My '04 Busa has been problem-free - it now has about 53,00 km (33,000 miles) on the odometer. My '08 Busa is giving me problems - it has only gone about 12,000 km (7500 miles).

The last 2 seasons it idled rough when started cold but would clear after a minute or 2 then would run fine. Now the rough idling won't clear, lacks power and runs very rough.

I think the fuel filter might be clogged in my '08 Busa. Or one or more injectors are fouled. I just removed the air filter and it looks like it should be replaced but it's unlikely this is causing the problem. Or is it?? I don't have a Gen II service manual so I will search this site for procedures for replacing the fuel filter and removing the throttle bodies.

(I have a service manual for my '04 Busa and have done some routine maintenance on it - replaced the air filter and spark plugs, and checked valve clearances - procedures are likely different for the '08 Busa).

Photos of my machines -

08G2BUSA.jpg

tygaCF.jpg

:welcome: to the ORG.

do a thread search. I am sure someone has had this problem before. the answer is in here somewhere. :beerchug:

Welcome to the oRg, the Gen II is too low of miles to have any major issues. Has is sat for a while?

:welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup: If you travel dirt or gravel roads, etc. the air filter might need replacing, but I've been running mine for 22K miles without issue. The area I live in and do most of my riding in is sandy, and loaded with bugs 9 months a year.

If you are running gasohol it could be causing your issue especially if the fuel is months old. You might try running a tank with seafoam added and see if it helps. The seafoam will clean up your tank, lines, pump, filters, injectors, throttle bodies, etc.

Best of luck. I've had my '08 since '08 and it stumbles a little when I first crank it but has always straightened up. Almost 50K miles on her. You asked, you receive : Hayabusa Service Manuals | Everything GSX-R

Welcome to the oRg, the Gen II is too low of miles to have any major issues. Has is sat for a while?

Thanks all, it's great to be here! There's a tremendous amount of experience and expertise on this forum. :thumbsup:

I ride this bike weekly during riding season (April to October) since I bought it back in 2008. I avoid running gasohol as much as possible but I have filled up with it every now and again. Last August I did a 800 mile day ride and it was running just fine. The week after I fired her up and it ran like crap!

I just ordered a new air filter, and the parts guy said there is no replacement fuel filter - rather it's a fabric mesh that's cleanable.

Going to check the spark plugs first - it's time to replace these anyhow. A worn plug (or plugs) might be the cause. I got all the hoses disconnected from the air box and disconnected the electrical connector on the left side as well as the throttle body clamp screws loosened.

One more thing to do - the electrical connector on the right hand side is being difficult to disconnect and I really don't want to break it - that would be a BAD thing. :banghead:

I am going to start a new post in the Problems section with photos asking how to disconnect it.

Back