New to the forum and have questions!!

patm2140

Registered
Just want to say whats up to my fello busa riders to start! Ok now to the questions. I recently picked up a Brocks Alien Head full exhaust for my 09 busa from a member on the forum. I was just wondering if i should go with a bazzaz unit or power commander v? Also, i know that maps are available for the pcv through brocks but i dont want to wait for it seeing that someone has them on this forum and they are prob readily available. Does anyone have the maps for the pcv? How about the bazzaz? Help me out ladies and gents!!!:thumbsup: Also what air filter? And will I be able to install the exhaust before I get the fuel unit and still be able to drive without it temporarily or should I wait? Last the pc comes with an o2 sensor block off plug right? Hellllllllllppppp!!!

Gen 2 members will chime in soon. Welcome to the oRg. I think, dont quote me, you can install the exhaust, but it will not be optimal until you get it tuned. Where are you located?

PCV all the way. Unless you go the ecu editor route. Airfilter debates rage on forever. I like the BMC filters but that just my emotional response to that topic. When swapping in a full replacement exhaust system I would instal and hav the bike properly tunned straight off. Some people have installed exhaust systems and done nothing else. I would recommend it to anyone.

Thanks for the feed back so far,im in ct so if anyone knows a good tuner feel free to toss that out there in addition to my other list of questions hah

Some people have installed exhaust systems and done nothing else. I would recommend it to anyone.

You will most likely see the F1 light come on pretty consistantly if you install the exhaust without tuning. While it may not lean out far enough to hurt the bike (hearsay from a local shop), it will definitely annoy the crap out of you~!~

Instead of the F1 light, you start seeing a light that says GET A PC~!~ :laugh:

Agree with Commuta, get it tuned right~!~

PCV all the way. Unless you go the ecu editor route. Airfilter debates rage on forever. I like the BMC filters but that just my emotional response to that topic. When swapping in a full replacement exhaust system I would install and have the bike properly tuned straight off. Some people have installed exhaust systems and done nothing else. I would never recommend it to anyone.

+1 on that.

Nice system you got there patm2140. Glad to hear you picked it up from a member here. :thumbsup:

:welcome: aboard the mod train. That exhaust w/ a properly tuned PC V is bound to be a winner.

Make sure to post up pics bro :rulez:

Welcome to the board. What u really need to do before u decide on dynojet or bazazzaz or ecu flash is think long term and think about what mads you are going to do. As some routes which I as well as others have learned the hard way is a waste of money. Also research research research and more research each option. I am a huge fan of PC's but others swear by bazzaz. Ecu flashing is still real new for the gen II busa, so in my opinion, there are many bugs to work out and a lot more options to be discovered in the future.
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh yeah forgot to mention that it would depend on where u are as to the most local tuner. Also most local isn't the best either, which I learned the hard way. I am now here in the next week or two taking my bike 3.5 hours from my home to get motor work and a tuning done.
Posted via Mobile Device

I installed a 4-2-1 on my 08 and did not get a fi light, i later installed a juce box which does not use the o2 sensor.

I had the Bazzaz on and switched to the flashed ecu...I like the ecu much better. I did have a bad Bazzaz unit so it might not be a fair comparison but you can acheive everything you want with the flashing. If your tuner cannot tune the ecu then go with the pcV or Bazzaz, that way if you change your mind you will be able to load the map into the ecu. :beerchug:

++1
I had the Bazzaz on and switched to the flashed ecu...I like the ecu much better. I did have a bad Bazzaz unit so it might not be a fair comparison but you can acheive everything you want with the flashing. If your tuner cannot tune the ecu then go with the pcV or Bazzaz, that way if you change your mind you will be able to load the map into the ecu. :beerchug:

Back