Running Tsukigi with no O2 and no PCIII/Bazzaz

dnstommy

Registered
Can you run a Gen II with the O2 hanging off the side of the bike? I got my Tsukigi today and it has a new O2 bung welded on it for the Bazzaz AFM. My Bazzaz FI unit is on back order for a few weeks so before I rip the whole bike apart to put the pipe on, will it even run with no O2 in the exhaust?

I dont think my stock O2 will fit in the new bung (havent tried it yet). So I will have to run with the O2 not in the exhaust. If I need too, I'll just pay someone to put the stock O2 bung back on since it might be two weeks before I get the FI unit.

#1 Will the stock O2 fit into the AFM Bung?
#2 Anyone tried to run the bike with the O2 not in the exhaust?

Thanks all

The stock o2 fits in the bung.. I ran mine with the stock ecu until my Bazzaz came in with no problems. Don't know if the ecu will adjust the a/f enough for this pipe but my fi light never came on. Hope this helps...

The stock O2 does fit it, but I had mine removed and a new bung put in just for the AFM. I would have to think that the stock O2 wouldnt fit, why would I have had to replace it if it fit? Unless the hight of the AFM bung is different than stock.

Dozer, so you have the AFM?

No afm... but the afm does fit also in stock location. Not sure why Bazzaz couldn't use the stock o2 sensor but there probably is a reason. I had mine tuned from Greg at HPC, but thought about getting the afm.

From Bazzaz: The kit comes with all of the required hardware, but may require modification of the exhaust pipe to accept the air fuel sensor fitting. Many manufacturers, like Yoshimura, make versions of their existing pipes with the sensor fitting already built in.
The Yoshimura pipe is the same bung as the Tsukigi cannon also same as stock...:thumbsup:

I guess when I get home I will pull the O2 out of the bike and see if I can get it to fit into the new AFM bung. I would bet that it doesn't fit (or why did I pau $100 to get the new one installed). I guess I will have to spend the money to get another bung welded on so I can use the pipe in stock configuration. Unless I can find someone who has the Bazzaz Fi in stock, then I will just buy that.

r77 full system only will use the stock o2 sensor. If you are runnning the bazzaz, pc5, or motty afr tuner you will need to get a 18.25mm threaded bung for there o2 sensor to work and block the factory bung for the stock o2 sensonr! So if the cannon is the same, you will need a larger bung welded in it like you mentioned!

I guess when I get home I will pull the O2 out of the bike and see if I can get it to fit into the new AFM bung. I would bet that it doesn't fit (or why did I pau $100 to get the new one installed). I guess I will have to spend the money to get another bung welded on so I can use the pipe in stock configuration. Unless I can find someone who has the Bazzaz Fi in stock, then I will just buy that.

It is not recommended because the Tsukigi Cannon requires much more fuel then the ECU can supply. Unforunately the OEM O2 Sensor does not fit into the Bazzaz Bung that was welded.

I'll contact my local guy and see how much it is to get a stock O2 bung installed. Then I can put the pipe on this weekend and wake up my neighbors.

r77 full system only will use the stock o2 sensor. If you are runnning the bazzaz, pc5, or motty afr tuner you will need to get a 18.25mm threaded bung for there o2 sensor to work and block the factory bung for the stock o2 sensonr! So if the cannon is the same, you will need a larger bung welded in it like you mentioned!

Sorry... :dunno:

No bung on the Brocks Short Meg. PCIII installed. Like Greg said I felt the pipe flowed to much. Didn't Question Brocks.

I went to Exoticycle yesterday and they gave me and adapter to fit the stock O2 into the AFM bung. So I should be good to go for this weekend. Hopefully the Bazzaz FI will be in next week and I can get to the track for some testing.

I wonder if the mapping will be available from Greggs comparison test.. i bought my Tsukigi from him and want to get a PC on it next.. also anxious to see if the Tsukigi is making power..If so may have to take a road trip from NY to Maryland :thumbsup:

I wonder if the mapping will be available from Greggs comparison test.. i bought my Tsukigi from him and want to get a PC on it next.. also anxious to see if the Tsukigi is making power..If so may have to take a road trip from NY to Maryland :thumbsup:

Do you have the pipe on yet? Greg made me a map for the Bazzaz fi unit. I am pleased with the power gain from my set up.

Dozer i put that baby on the next day..lol well hell then i will have to call Gregg up and get a bazzazz coming from him then. great guy to do business with..Dozer is yours an 08 also

Last edited:
After todays work on the dyno our Bazzaz Tsukigi Canon map will be outstanding three combs over the same map produces awesome power and throttle response, everywhere in the powerband. Some of our power package maps were devleoped over 8-10 bikes, nut just one.

Greg, Brocks is going to get mad at you. The long running notion that the Brocks makes the most power seems like it might be ending. :laugh:

Back