New to the Busa World!

gastoys

Registered
Just purchased a 2008 Blue/Black Busa at Renton Motors last Thursday for $9,500 brand new left over model from last year zero miles.

I totaled my mint condition 2005 Kawasaki ZZR1200 which I loved and was just sick to my stomach when I low sided her at 25mph. She hit a curb which damaged the frame so that really dialed up the cost so Allstate totaled her.

I really like my Busa and I did well over 40 hours of research before making a decision. I was really tossed between the Busa and the ZX14. I really like the Busa for it's ergonomics, reputation, resale value, after market part availability and for it's feel.

I will say this after putting 50 miles on the Busa... She is not that much faster than my ZZR1200. After reading all the "I blew away a ZX14" comments in numerous forums I was expecting the Busa to pull like there was no tomorrow. The Busa is fast, pulls harder than my ZZR1200, but not by much. My ZZR1200 did 0-60 in 2.9, 1/4 mile in 10.6 and the busa is about 10% faster all around.

The Busa feels so much lighter on her feet and is so easy to flick. The Brakes are much more stable feeling and very crisp. The transmission on the Busa is very precise, quickly engaging and way better than my ZZR. The lights on the Busa need some improvement as my ZZR was a little more bright.

Overall I am very pleased with the Busa and she's going to be around for a while getting babied like my old ZZR 1200. I still miss my old girl, but the new one is warming up to me quickly.

Glad you are happy with your choice. :thumbsup:

To cover some of things you said you are probably right in the initial speed differences between the Busa and the ZZR. However, if you ever do high end runs you would notice more of a difference there also.

A lot of people add HIDs to the Busa because of the light thing you mentioned. If you do any amount of night riding I would highly recommend doing the low beams at least.

Also, :welcome: and we need some pictures. :beerchug:

Disclaimer: You should never do any high speed runs unless properly geared and at a track.

Last edited:
Congrats on your purchase.. Hope it grows on ya!!!! Both bikes are without a doubt at the top an the best at what they do.. Was looks that got me to swing to the Suzuki an the ease of slamming it for my 5'2" body. The ZZR 1200 looks nicer than 14 not sure seems to have smoother lines than the 14

As for their difference in performance....

sorry wrong vid here it is

It is an old video an it shows that both these bikes are awesome performers....... maybe we can get a video of the Gen 2 an ZZR 14 to get an updated youtube video:laugh: I sure would like to watch them make it :laugh: in closed circuit of course :whistle:

an :welcome:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is an updated picture of my Busa with the only mod so far being rear sliders.

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

sorry for the HUGE image, but I was having challenges with imageshack, and I don't see a delete option for my last post nor can I edit it.

Can one of the moderators delete my post with the enormous image, thank you. :)

Here is a smaller version
ImageShack Links Do Not Work

:welcome: to the oRg. Replace the factory exhaust, drop some serious weight and add some ponies. I weigh a good bit and mine pulls like all get out. After break in it might do better for you. Between 4K and 9K the torque is there.

Grats on your bike! Those ZZR1200s are no joke, if you were comming off a 600 the difference would have lived up to the hype but it looks like you were already pretty used to insanely fast bikes.

But 250 miles on my Busa last Sunday during the Washington Oyster Run - over 15,000 motocycles showed up from what I heard.

The Busa was a blast and I was delighted in how she performed. I will say this... My shoulders were killing me by the time I got home, wow! Need to get back to the gym and work out or ride more. :)

I got about 40mpg on average probably because I was hangin with my friends who all ride Harley Davidson - LOL!

Again, the Busa is fast and pulls like a raped ape after 5k RPM's but from idle to 5k my ZZR1200 "seems" like it's just as fast. What cracked me up is how many kids riding their sport bikes wanted to race me. I had kids zoom by, do a mirror check, slow down and then give me a nod and put the hammer down. I just laughed especially at those on 600's and kept my speed of 70mph. Does Hayabusa mean "I want to race" in Japanese? :)

Lovin the Busa, glad I bought and have no regrets, but I do miss my old ZZR1200 which will go down as the best bike I ever owned, but the Busa is quickly taking ownership of that department.

Envy is the sincerest form of flattery.

Everyone wants to try and take on the big dog on the block. That's how they make up for having little balls. :laugh:

Back