changing from k71000 to 08 busa?

nasty nate

Registered
So I t-boned a car on my k7 gsxr 1000 last week, of course not my fault as she pulled right out in front of me but anyways my bike was totaled and I'll soon be receiving my check for a new bike soooo... I assumed I would just get another liter because I really liked that one but I have this sneaky desire for a big comfortable beast like the busa or zx14. Im leaning towards the busa for looks alone and because from what I hear its a smaller step down in handling from the liter. My question is this..the reason I would be changing over would be comfort. Is the new busa MUCH more comfortable than the liter or only a little. Is it worth gaining the extra hundred lbs in exchange for comfort, is the trade-off  worth it? If you've owned/ridden both I want to hear your opinion please.

great question, i just got my 08 busa last night i traded my gsxr 1000.. yes yes and yes it is wayyy more comfy, it rides much better, the seat is softer, not so much pressure on you wrists, and it feels stronger than the 1000 wither it is or not ill find out on the strip this weekend.. the weight is the biggest change from the liter bike but i lowered mine and it made it seem soo much lighter just not having to balance or move it around on my tipy toes.. jmo but i dont think you will regret it at all.

great question, i just got my 08 busa last night i traded my gsxr 1000.. yes yes and yes it is wayyy more comfy, it rides much better, the seat is softer, not so much pressure on you wrists, and it feels stronger than the 1000 wither it is or not ill find out on the strip this weekend.. the weight is the biggest change from the liter bike but i lowered mine and it made it seem soo much lighter just not having to balance or move it around on my tipy toes.. jmo but i dont think you will regret it at all.
Hey girl,

How do you lower the bike?
sadnews.gif

(Did I already tell you that you're the coolest and sexiest thing over the face of earth with your 08 Busa???)
bowdown.gif

Hey, If you want my opinion (owned gsxr 1000K6, ZX14 07 and now Busa2); if your main concern is comfort(suspension,ergo's) then choose the zx14; in my case the ergonomics of the bike suited me very well. If you want the most cool and powerful engine then choose the busa2 .

My mate who i ride with has a thou.... for me its an amazing bike, its just that for 90% of the time im better off on the Busa.... its too compromised in terms of comfort... and that 10% doesnt make up for the aching wrists (too much weight on bars) back (too stretched position) and neck (it has a fairing but it does feck all for wind protection LOL).

After an 8 hour ride he cant move, and i can keep up with him in the twisties... so whats the point?

I think that 90% of the thou owners buy one to have the ultimate sportsbike rather than the best bike for them....

Buy the Busa
smile.gif

I came from a CBR 1kRR and the minute I sat on the Busa, I was sold! It's alot more comfortable than the liter bikes. I loved my CBR but 45 minutes on it and I was dying lol. I just got K8 last week and took a little 60 mile trip to see the difference and wow. Besides being comfy, while on the highway it just seemed quiet compared to my CBR in top gear. IT was a great ride and I don't regret my decision. If you're into switchbacks in the mountains and track days, stay with the liter. If you like to ride comfortably and still have some balls, busa is a great choice. I've never been a Kawi guy, but I've heard they are really comfortable too, but ugly to me! GL on your choice!

red

I have a K8 busa, I think this is the 6th busa for me. I also have two (K7 & K8) Gixxer1K's. I have been a huge suzuki fan for a very long time. I am 6'4" tall and I must be the odd duck because I get a back ache on extended trips on my busa. I think it's because I sit further back from the bars and my back is leaned farther? I find I can ride my Gixxer on extended trips and have no aches or pains at all. I really do like my busa, but for me, if I had to choose only one bike it would definately be my amazing GSXR1000! That bike will make you cream your jeans faster than a Cheerleader at a high school football game
smile.gif

The 1K does everything the busa does and some things it does better. You won't be sorry with either bike. Both are superb rides!

Back