changing from k7 to 08 busa?

nasty nate

Registered
So I t-boned a car on my k7 gsxr 1000 last week, of course not my fault as she pulled right out in front of me but anyways my bike was totaled and I'll soon be receiving my check for a new bike soooo... I assumed I would just get another liter because I really liked that one but I have this sneaky desire for a big comfortable beast like the busa or zx14. Im leaning towards the busa for looks alone and because from what I hear its a smaller step down in handling from the liter. My question is this..the reason I would be changing over would be comfort. Is the new busa MUCH more comfortable than the liter or only a little. Is it worth gaining the extra hundred lbs in exchange for comfort, is the trade-off worth it? If you've owned/ridden both I want to hear your opinion please.

own both and the busa is ALOT more comfy and although it doesn`t handle like the 1k it does handle better than you would think.

thumb_up.gif

I totaled a Road King a few years ago. A guy took a left in front of me. I got banged up. He got the ticket for failure to yield.

While I was mending I realized it wasn't all his fault.

I should have been thinking he might pull out. Instead I shifted into second at 45 mph.

The onus is on us.

The busa is kind of in the middle of the road for me, yes its more comfortable then the 05 zx-10R/06 gsxr-1000/07 zx-10R iv had but its not as comfortable as the 06 zx-14 my pop had or the zx-11 i have now for commuting. i love my busa dont get me wrong but i feel it has a little to much reach to the handle bars and it cramps my legs on longer rides. I will say one thing though the seat on a busa blows away a late model gixxer seat.

yes.

If you want to be comfortable take the hayabusa

the difference between the two bikes is that for the busa you have to have strong legs..

hayabusa.org.JPG

What mix of riding do you do? I don't have a 1k but I do have a GSXR750. It's cramped for me but I haven't changed anything since it's primarily for my son to ride and he likes it as is. It handles so well I am often greatly tempted to change bars, seat, and pegs to see if I could live with it. I thought long and hard about getting a 1000 instead of the new busa, but the busa suits me better. I only get to ride somewhere a couple of times a year where I wish I had a 1000 instead.

Back