changing from k7 to 08 busa?

nasty nate

Registered
So I t-boned a car on my k7 gsxr 1000 last week, of course not my fault as she pulled right out in front of me but anyways my bike was totaled and I'll soon be receiving my check for a new bike soooo... I assumed I would just get another liter because I really liked that one but I have this sneaky desire for a big comfortable beast like the busa or zx14. Im leaning towards the busa for looks alone and because from what I hear its a smaller step down in handling from the liter. My question is this..the reason I would be changing over would be comfort. Is the new busa MUCH more comfortable than the liter or only a little. Is it worth gaining the extra hundred lbs in exchange for comfort, is the trade-off worth it? If you've owned/ridden both I want to hear your opinion please.

Havent ridden a liter bike but the new busa is not as comfortable as the old one.

I recently rode for the first time a gixer 600 and it was not darn comfortable at all, I rode it like for 40 mins and my arse ached like hell!

In Zephyr I've made trips for as almost 4 hours long with only 2 or 3 stops to stretch my legs or to take a leak, I would say is a humongous difference, put aside the passenger's seat which is also really comfortable compared to those stupid seats on the litter bikes.

I've also read that modding with a bar raiser and footpegs makes the Busa even more comfortable, I'm intending to do those two mods any time soon.

My 2 cents!

whistling.gif

Hey Nasty, sorry to hear about your accident. Same thing happened to me. Damned Cagers! At least you seem okay. I wasn't so lucky. Anyway, GET THE BUSA. WAY more comfy than the Gixxer, and a little something called Torque. Depending on where you live and ride, I doubt you will regret the change. I live in North Florida, Straight and Flat. So anyone on a Gixxer here is pretty much an idiot unless they know of twisty roads near by that I don't know about.

I think it all depends on you. How did you fit on the 1K? If you are vertically challenged, Do you plan on lowering the Busa? if so, you are better off on the 1K.
I see alot of peps getting a Busa for status, or to impress their freinds, but in reality, the bike is way to much for them to handle. Im not talking about strength wise, but controling the bike in and out of the garage, or the ability to park it to the curb. Most of the guys I know from this site, are over six feet tall. For me, Im six feet four, and weigh 260. I am very cramped up on a 1K, and, I dont have false fantasy's about becoming the next track star. So I guess its up to you to decide. Use your head on this one and dont buy the wrong bike for the wrong reason. Happy Hunting.

I have an '05 GSXR1000 & the '08 Busa and for me the Busa is far more comfortable. The Busa is no slouch in the handling department, but still doesn't come close to the GSXR. The power to weight ratios seem very close to me.

I traded my 07 1000 in on the 08 Busa. I love the Busa. It holds it weight very well when moving. At times I still wish I had the Gixxer, but over all I like the Busa more.

K7.jpg
DSCF0005.jpg
1.jpg

Why not get both!  
laugh.gif
 No really, I sold my K7 after picking up the 08 Busa. I find it just fits all my needs better, comfort, power, refinement and it handles pretty darn good for a big bike.
IMG_1079.jpg

i was on an R6 for a couple years and then moved to the busa.... my girlfriend rides a GSXR600 and both 600's are way less comfortable than the busa.... i've been 8K miles thus far with a couple of long road trips and love it... I just need to find a better seat and I'll be set!

Back