new to busa's bike has a noise

rwhitaker04

Registered
I have a 03 busa and it makes a knocking sound, I know its not a rod or anything like that cause the sound goes away when u rev the bike up and also it goes away when u put it in first and start to let out the clutch...bike was drag raced before I got it, so I don't know if its the back torque doing the sound or if its the actual basket...

:welcome:

Have you compared it to another Busa? These engines are not super smooth at idle speed, so it's hard to say if what you're hearing is really abnormal. A slight ticking is not unusual at lower RPM's when the engine is not pulling a load.

Is it a thunking noise like a car makes just before it stalls? Mine was doing that and a throttle body synch cleared it right up. And as Flicka said, they don't idle very smooth, they all sound as if they had an aggressive cam.

I have a 03 busa and it makes a knocking sound, I know its not a rod or anything like that cause the sound goes away when u rev the bike up and also it goes away when u put it in first and start to let out the clutch...bike was drag raced before I got it, so I don't know if its the back torque doing the sound or if its the actual basket...

Yer clutch is pooched,thats my guess,also the nut can also come loose inside the clutch basket.Not to freak you out,but I would not ride it untill that cover comes off. (thats why it quiets down when you let clutch out)

RSD.

I just enjoy these clack a clunk ring a ding noise threads.

I used to help a buddy out at his shop,just as a favour to him.Turn some wrenches,answer the phone. The phone is the worst job at a shop.

Rubb would say, "Go hold the phone up next to it,I can diagnose it over the phone."

Amazing how many times I heard..."REALLY."

Then I'd have to say, "Just kiddin', can I book you a service appointment."

Favourite thou...kids would call up asking if we sold "power bands". :rofl:

I'd say "Green or red?" They'd say "Whats the difference?" I'd say "The green one's are for the Kawi's,and the red for honda." :laugh:

What a mean Ol' bastid I am. :evil:

RSD.

i took the clutch out..if the springs are real loose in the basket can that make a ticking sound, or could it be the back torque deal? i called brocks and they said that if the gear on the back of the clutch moves its bad, well mine moved....but i dont know if that would be the sound

i took the clutch out..if the springs are real loose in the basket can that make a ticking sound, or could it be the back torque deal? i called brocks and they said that if the gear on the back of the clutch moves its bad, well mine moved....but i dont know if that would be the sound

Like I said,sounds like the clutch. The springs cant be loose unless the bolts holding them into the hub are loose,which is rare because the bolts bottom out when tightened. If the bolts are tight,the springs could only be loose if they are extremely worn out. My guess is that gear on the back of the basket is where yer trouble is. And yes,there is your noise.

RSD.

Back