New to busa, oil question

29 toter

Registered
I bougth my 07 busa new in December. Put her in the garage (unheated) untill now. I took her out for the first ride went a half mile and things just didn't seem right. Sorry to be so vague but maybe the sound was off of what I had heard from other busas or engine running "funny" or something. I pulled over and checked the oil in the sight glass. The oil had a white film on it. That is, when I tipped the bike to the left the oil dropped from view and there was a white film on the window, kind of opaque. All of the oil was not opaque but this was enough to trouble me. I took her straight back home. She now has 1 mile on her.

I had a horible experience with the dealer I bought her from, and don't trust them to give me the straight deal on the bike. What do you think? Could this be oil additives to break her in or is there water in the oil? If so could that be due to condensation from storing in an unheated garage? Any help would much appreciated.

Thanks all for your help and experience.

I'm guessing that condensation buildup (may) have added a few ccs of h2o to your oil and probably would have dissipated after a few miles at proper operating temps.  Since its back home though, you can try a dealer (any) dealer for a warranty analysis and possibly an early oil and filter change (all they would probably do, if that) or if it were mine, I'd go ahead and change the oil and filter and put some miles on it and avoid the dealer hassle.  This way I'd (know) what was inside the motor and I'd get to see what drained out.  Whaddyathink? Oh and I store my Busa and two six cylinder CBXs in an unheated garage with no problems but they do have sheets or covers over them. Remember too that (my) unheated garage is in California.
biggrin.gif
Your's may be a bit more damp. I've heard that parking them on a sheet of plywood is warmer than cement as well.

It's only condensation from the bike sitting over the winter...no big deal and
it will not hurt your engine. Just take her out for a nice ride of 30 minutes
or so, when you get back to your garage...check the site gauge and you could even
take off the oil cap for a few hours so any remaining water vapor can get out.

Just draining the oil will not get out all the moisture...riding it so the engine
can burn out the water will be the only way to remove it all.

Back