Checking Oil Level while on pit bull stand

babuski

Donating Member
Registered
I was draining the oil out of Seabiscuit (my new name for the busa) last night and putting in fresh oil for the winter hibernation....acually I will ride her once a week and keep her battery on a Battery Tender.

But I noticed after adding the third quart of oil that the oil level as shown in the little window was not increasing. Then it hit me....the bike was still on the pit bull stand. It appears that while on the rear stand the tilt angle of the engine and oil pan changes. When I took her off the rear stand, the level went up to over half full. I then added another 1/2 quart and she was all ready.

And that little crush washer or gasket......major pain to remove. But got it off.

Any input here?

Yes, my bike shows no oil in the sight glass when it is on the rear pit bull stand. Make sure it is on level ground when checking the oil.

i agree dont check it on a stand
mine does the same thing on stand reads less then half
flat reads good

just put 3.5 qt in her and she'll be good.

I bought a metered funnel from Wal-Mart of all places has that has an on and off valve at the bottom, it has both metric and US measures on it and hold up to about a litre. Mad the oil change real simple, simply throw the three in there and then measure out exactly 500mls and away you go.

Back