New to Boosa!

Vexray

Registered
Hey guys! Just wanted to say hello and show off my new dream! I picked it up about 3 weeks ago and absolutely love it! Especially the exhaust on it, the dual exhuast is so loud but it keeps eyes on me. Still a bit finnicky with highways though as there is more than enough power there for me LOL.
Hayabusa.jpg

Welcome! But, “finnicky” ? :laugh: Very stealthy look to the bike. 4” stretch? It looks like your boots have to rest on top of the cans though. I see the side stand is stock. See that it’s almost vertical? It can easily click back causing the bike to fall. Mine isn’t so bad but I still drag it backwards an inch or so to make sure it’s stable. Many mod it by cutting a 1/4” notch up high so that it‘s not so vertical, making the bike more ‘trustworthy’ leaning over. FYI, stock mirrors don’t look so good but are perfectly clear at any speed. I had a pair similar to yours that looked great but weren’t worth a damn at any speed. What year is it?

Hey thanks for the feedback! Its a 2006, just under 25k miles. The angle of the image does make it seem alot more vertical than I feel it is when I actually stand next to it. He had alot of various things done to it. The stretch is 8" , again the isometric view doesnt really help but it is raining so I will need to grab a new pic probably tomorrow. The mirrors are in need of replacement, one is cracked from the previous owner so its hard to see out of it and the other one has a terrible shake to it rendering it useless at higher speeds.

I absolutely love the dark almost "thorax" look of the bike, It strongly reminds me of a wasp or ant thorax where the seat meets up with the rear of the bike. My seated position does put me just above and slightly forward of the exhaust but the kickstand does clank into the exhaust every time it up. There are some minor surface scratches but all in all its in very well taken care of shape.

He did alot to the bike before selling it. It has a light kit (white) installed with a key fob to activate. The stretch apparently can be adjusted from 4-12" but I assume that requires chain adjustments. There are alot of plastic "rivets" that are missing and the box i just bought on amazon has all too big sizes so i gotta buy new ones lol. I have yet to hear any others sound like it though. The dual "trumpet" exhaust is very throaty and has a great deep hum at idle.

I also purchased a jet black Predator helm that I ride with it alot and it really matches the bike.
predatorhelm1.jpg
predatorhelm2.jpg

Back