New-ish Gen 1 owner from the UK.

dixiethedog

Registered
I dont know why it's taken me so long to post a hello on here,as Ive been a member for a while. So,hello all.
I kind of got into Busa's by mistake,or accident really. I was riding my Kawasaki ZZR1100D (ZX11 USA),when one day it broke down more or less as I was planning a bit of a road trip. I was busy with a few thing's in life,so decided to take the plunge and buy another bike for the trip and come back to the Kawasaki when I had a bit more time.
After a bit of searching online to find one,I came across this 99 Gen1,which I bought. I had been trying to buy a newer Gen 1 but couldnt find one anywhere near by my location,so figured this one would do.
Pic of the bike fully laden with hard luggage.
P9140027.jpg

The bike when bought came fitted with billet 6 pot front brake's which are a load better than standard.
After about 2 week's of ownership the fuel pump stopped working due to blocked filter's. Because the bike had been cheap,I spent money on a brand new pump from the dealer's. I also fitted a new c&s kit and new rear wheel rubber cush drive's.
Then filled it with fuel and rode and rode and rode it....:thumbsup:
The pic somewhere above was from a touring trip in Scotland. I suffered with a lot of back pain on that trip due to the riding position. I am thinking about fitting riser's and "proper" handlebar's,but for the moment I have 1 inch spacer's fitted to lift the bar's a touch. This is a big improvement.
The bike's in great condition for it's age,so Im a bit nervous to start modifying it,BUT I have spotted a full Gen 2 rear end for sale (subframe,seat's and plastic's...)and could fancy making it a Gen1.5.
Im still thinking about it.
In the mean time Im happy just to ride the bike and enjoy it as it is.
Im off now to read all the post's from other's,especially the touring section.

Back